PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Freal Show today...

Bob Denman
08-03-2013, 05:43 PM
http:www.renfair.com/ny (http://www.renfair.com/ny)
The Missus and I took off early to make it there for the 10:00am opening time.
there was a bit of rain in the air, but the RT shovelled it off to the sides, and the raingear stayed put in storage...
...So we get to this place...
I'm guessing that it's going to be about like any other Small-Town Fair; only with different costumes...
DIFFERENT is what we got! :yikes:
I've never seen so many people dressed up like it was Halloween already! :shocked:
The costumes were all the same...
The guys wore tights and then carried swords and looked like pirates... or shovels, and looked like... pirates!
The women... :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
Evidently; there's a statute somewhere that says that all women who want to dress as if they're waiting to die from the Plague, have to wear these...push-up... things! (Not Bras; much bigger, much more colorful, and much more push-up!)
Every one of them looked as if they were sporting multiple chins; only two of those "chins" had nipples on them! :roflblack:
If they dropped their food; at least it didn't have far to fall! :shocked:

The Missus was... HORRIFIED! I was too amused for mere words! :roflblack:
Now; she's got the...build... to wear one of those cantilevery push-up creations... but she'd NEVER hike them up that high in the air. She can't see her feet now; that'd make it even worse!
So... if you want to see Halloween in August, pay too much for average food, and wonder why they were called "The Dark Ages"; go to a Renaissance Faire! :thumbup:

coz
08-03-2013, 08:41 PM
how about some pics bob?:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack::roflblack::roflblack: it sounds completely disgusting:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack: i'm in.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

eagleeye299
08-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Been there a few years back it was interesting to see.

SpyderAnn01
08-03-2013, 08:58 PM
:roflblack:

JJW SpyderRider
08-03-2013, 09:28 PM
My wife and I went to one last weekend in Bristol, IL. They had jousting and the whole nine yards. It seem that almost everything was R rate. They had to ask families with kids to leave a few of the shows. Same costumes that you talk about :yikes:. Can't wait until next year ;).

Bob Denman
08-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Now I should calrify a point; the Cast Members actually were costumed-up in a rather pleasant fashion. It was the loonies who paid to get in that looked a lot like "Maruis De sade", meets "Rocky Horror Picture Show", meets Harry Potter".