PDA

View Full Version : Wet gauges

Jonnyvermont
08-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Anyone have this problem? This is on my 2013 RT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

samewok
08-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I have never seen that before. But have removed both gauges and use the bar graft.

scooterexpress
08-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Bad seals I would say...disconnect both and use on board display more accurate.

NancysToy
08-03-2013, 05:34 PM
I haven't seen it either. I'd visit the dealer to see about warranty replacement. If out of warranty, I'd look at using the digital gauges, but someone here who has switched to digital and replaced his/her gauges with something else might be able to make you a deal on their old ones.

Chupaca
08-03-2013, 05:41 PM
but for sure you can get a good deal from those who have replaced them with other gauges. First check with dealer they should cover them regardless. They should not have condensation on the inside...good luck.. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-03-2013, 06:08 PM
:agree: the bike is still got it's warranty in place; have the dealer get you new ones! :thumbup:

Jonnyvermont
08-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Brought them to my dealer today. He's ordering two new gauges under warranty.

Still, I'd love to replace them with something. Any suggestions

Thanks!

ThreeWheels
08-04-2013, 05:50 AM
After a week of heavy rains here, accompanied by high humidity, I had some fog on the inside of my gauges.
I went riding on the first sunny day and left the Spyder out in the sun and the fog has gone away.
It hasn't returned.

YET

PaSpyderRyder
08-04-2013, 07:46 AM
After washing mine i noticed fog in the two gauges also:yikes:..... left it sit in the sun and it cleared up .:yes::yes::yes:

jthornton
08-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Brought them to my dealer today. He's ordering two new gauges under warranty.

Still, I'd love to replace them with something. Any suggestions

Thanks!

I replaced mine with a 12v power socket and a USB power socket.

JT

MouthPiece
08-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Funny, well not funny, but coincidental that this thread was started yesterday. I took my 2013 RT-S to the car wash yesterday just about the time this thread was posted. I did everything known to man kind while spraying my spyder that should have caused the same situation. After reading your post, I went out in the garage and looked at my spyder just to check. Nary a drop or fog on the insides of the guages.

Chris

CyncySpyder
08-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Still, I'd love to replace them with something. Any suggestions Thanks!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67241&d=1367231465 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2775&attachmentid=67735)

dsvogel
11-14-2013, 11:09 PM

JT

Sorry for resurfacing this thread. I've been searching through the forum for a while to find a suitable USB option so that I can use my phone as a GPS, RAM-mounted to the dash. Putting a 12V supply on the speaker grill is one of the common options, but I really like this gauge replacement!! Very clean. :thumbup:

AZLife
11-15-2013, 02:49 AM

JT

Looks sweet. Could you possibly tell us where you purchased it along with the part #.
Thanks.

Larry rt
11-15-2013, 08:33 AM
I wired mine SAE connector direct to battery and ran it up through the hole in the center button area that is used for the CB switch. Removed plastic cover ( snaps off) there is a round hole. Used the plastic wire fishing tool I got with my glow rider installation. Removed left panel on my 2013rt , inserted tool through hole until I could see it on left side , pulled SAE wire up through hole. Went to auto store found a round grommet that looks like a miniature construction cone . Pulled grommet over SAE connector and installed in hole. The SAE wire I used , came with my battery tender junior , I brought an extension and a USB connector(about 2in long) from same manufacture of my battery tender.
I use this to connect battery tender jr. Or I can use the cigar lighter connector ( comes with tender or USB connector ( sold separately $ to power anything.
Did not have to cut anything and I can remove if I swell or trade in. Hopes this info helps you !

dsvogel
11-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Oh, that's a good idea! I like the idea of using an SAE connector. So the white flange around the USB port... did you make that or did it come with the battery tender? I guess I'm trying to figure out how you got the charger to sit cleanly and securely in the gauge hole. :sour:

Oh: I just reread... you said that's the grommet that looks like a miniature construction cone!! (Need more coffee) I'll have to see if I can find what that might be. I don't think I've ever seen such an animal there, but haven't been looking.

Larry rt
11-15-2013, 08:56 AM
One correction to the above install! The cigar connection came with my slim air compressor , uses SAE connector also .

Larry rt
11-15-2013, 08:59 AM
The white ring you are referring to is for a grill instal , mine was installed through center button on dash .

Larry rt
11-15-2013, 09:06 AM
It was't in the area in the store where you normaly find grommets . It was where the have some kind of sensors, and the grommet was in that area. Good luck (:

jthornton
11-16-2013, 07:37 AM
Looks sweet. Could you possibly tell us where you purchased it along with the part #.
Thanks.

The Dual USB is a Blue Seas PN 1016, the adapter I made in my machine shop and powder coated black.

Here is what it looks like after I powder coated the adapter.

JT