PDA

View Full Version : Don't let people bounce on your Highway pegs

Lamonster
06-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Ron has his Spyder over here now to change the oil and I noticed that his right peg looked like it was tweaked down a bit and sure enough he said he saw some guy at Americade bouncing on it and before he could do anything the guy left. Looks like the frame is tweaked a bit. I should be able to jack it back in place but it just makes me mad that someone would do that. :edit:

Derwin
06-24-2008, 11:33 AM
What was the guy doing on his Spyder in the first place?? Seems to me that people really must seem like they can just jump on another persons property without even giving it a second thought. Very weird if you ask me. I've never owned a motorcycle before, so I have no idea......Is this common??

Derwin

Smylinacha
06-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Ron has his Spyder over here now to change the oil and I noticed that his right peg looked like it was tweaked down a bit and sure enough he said he saw some guy at Americade bouncing on it and before he could do anything the guy left. Looks like the frame is tweaked a bit. I should be able to jack it back in place but it just makes me mad that someone would do that. :edit:

Yeah :edit: people like that need to be tweaked upside the head!

Roaddog2
06-24-2008, 07:12 PM
:spyder:you touch my :spyder:or Harley I will touch your :edit: face Wife ok though the rule is always ask and that little :edit:er head should have known that I had a few people ask and if they seemed to know about bikes wich they did I let em check it out for a second or 2. :spyder:

SpyderTim
06-24-2008, 09:29 PM
The reality of univited guests has prompted us to alarm the Spyders with the Talon alarm - did the install last week and they work great with the perimeter sensor. Set it off and it is open season for - sorry, thought you were stealing my ride and wanted to stop you!!!!

:cop:

SPYMAN
06-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah :edit: people like that need to be tweaked upside the head!

The other day I came out of the store only to find some :edit: :edit: setting on my :spyder: . Needless to say things got pretty crazy for a minute!! Some peoples Kids I just don't know what makes some people tick. To think that there are people out there that think this careless behavior is OK.

SPYMAN

Lamonster
06-25-2008, 04:21 AM
The reality of univited guests has prompted us to alarm the Spyders with the Talon alarm - did the install last week and they work great with the perimeter sensor. Set it off and it is open season for - sorry, thought you were stealing my ride and wanted to stop you!!!!

:cop:

You know I may just add one for that very reason.

mrfix
06-25-2008, 11:22 AM
I put a gorilla paging alarm on mine for the same reason, On more than one occasion I found people on mine, all can say is, it wasn't pretty and I think they will think twicw next time they see something they want to climb on.

retread
06-25-2008, 12:50 PM
It's to the point that when I find (catch) somebody sitting on my Spyder, I walk up to them with my cellphone in my hand, and ask them to make themselves comfortable, I've just called the police and am going to have them busted for vandalism. Interesting reactions. Can't wait to get my alarm installed. And the taser in the seat is sounding better all the time, except I'd probably forget to turn it off.

SpyderBiker
06-25-2008, 09:31 PM
This was cool if I do say so myself...I just returned to my Spyder from the inside of a McDonalds and there was this pickup that stopped in front of my Spyder and this guy was sitting on it...I walked up to his drivers side, his door was open, and climbed in and started turning his steering wheel from side to side....he shouted hey that's my truck...what the &$%# are you doing (or something like that) and I said the the same thing you're doing...how do you like it? He immediately got off muttering something, I exited his truck and he bumped shoulders as he passed me to get into his truck.

I wouldn't recommend this if the guy is bigger than you for obvious reasons. ;D

LittleJohn
06-26-2008, 07:31 AM
WOW
I am amazed at the number of like incidences Im hearing about here! I would NEVER dream of sitting on a machine like this without permission from the owner.

I love the last one with the truck...LOL. I think I would have had to do the same thing!

jeuchler
06-26-2008, 07:43 AM
Ron has his Spyder over here now to change the oil and I noticed that his right peg looked like it was tweaked down a bit and sure enough he said he saw some guy at Americade bouncing on it and before he could do anything the guy left....

Well, aside from all the obvious discussion about alarms, after Ron's misfortune, I'm going to start folding up my highway pegs when parked.

(Any deterrent may help. Just like the quick trick of putting your rain cover on soft bags makes them a bit less tempting to the touch...)

tatt2r
06-26-2008, 12:47 PM
i had a guy pull up in front of my shop with his wife ... he got out of his car said is this yours asked the usual questions we all have heard ... then started to climb on my bike ... i said hey what are you doing ... he said whats the big deal i commented how would you like it if i just went over and climbed on your wife ... he looked pissed his wife gave me a wink and they drove off ... i laughed and walked back in side .... i guess i should have asked .....

Tonga
06-26-2008, 03:21 PM
i had a guy pull up in front of my shop with his wife ... he got out of his car said is this yours asked the usual questions we all have heard ... then started to climb on my bike ... i said hey what are you doing ... he said whats the big deal i commented how would you like it if i just went over and climbed on your wife ... he looked pissed his wife gave me a wink and they drove off ... i laughed and walked back in side .... i guess i should have asked .....
I guess I've been lucky so far but after reading this I an going to put up my HWY pegs when parked.I will also look into putting a "Don't Touch" sign on that safety pull down that BRP wants us to read each time we get on our bikes, after all I'm tired of reading it anyway ha ha. I think it will come in handy for something. Most people look at the speedo first and if that pull down is there covering it with bold letters ( Don't Touch or sit) then maybe they will get the hint!!!!

speedster200
06-26-2008, 10:36 PM
At our dealership people are always climbing all over our demo. The real problem I have is when someone can't figure out the front compartment and start yanking on it. I'm surprised it hasn't been broken yet.
I try to watch the demo but can't always get there before the yanking begins. I do find it rude for people to climb all over a privately owned Spyder.

tfjunkie
06-27-2008, 12:48 AM
Yeah,
I've had all kinds of individuals play with spydee.
Then when i come out....lookin like i do.....they tend to back off.
Funny....never happened with any of my harleys.

:spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

The kids and ladies are lovin it !

J