PDA

View Full Version : iPad case/protection question

wyliec
08-02-2013, 09:12 AM
I just purchased an iPad 4 (retina) for the gf. We had the clear coat scratch protection put on front/back. When you transport your iPad to you have it in a case? If so, any recommendations?

Bob Denman
08-02-2013, 09:19 AM
I got the MIssus an IPad last Christmas...
We ordered a cover for it that kind of clips it's wayall around the back, and then has a flap that closes down securely over the "touchy parts"
We got it right from Apple when I ordered it...
Check their website!

mwalsh6
08-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Here's my solution, got bored and mounted mine. Great for when the wife is in shopping I can watch netflix. LOL

Mike

Cavman
08-04-2013, 11:59 PM
I got a case with handles from REI. I can carry the iPad and charger. Also, a bunch of accessories like connectors for memory cards from cameras to upload to the iPad.
They had several sizes and colors.

Dragonrider
08-05-2013, 12:32 AM
I use a leather portfolio case - I've had an iPad since day 1, and am on my 3rd. Never leave home without it, and never had a ding or scratch on it.

Jonnyvermont
08-05-2013, 06:15 AM
Here's my solution, got bored and mounted mine. Great for when the wife is in shopping I can watch netflix. LOL

Mike

Wait... Woh! That looks amazing! How did you do that??? I have an iPad mini. I would live to use it as a GPS. How did you do that awesome mount? I am very impressed!!!

mwalsh6
08-07-2013, 05:20 PM
The mount was made from fiberglass, it's mounted using that automotive 2 way tape. Most of the how to videos can be found on youtube. I haven't integrated it into the bikes audio system due to the fact the key would have to be on. It's great for map using watching video and well everything an ipad does. The only thing is that I believe watching while driving is illegal. Hope that helps. I can take close ups if it will help.

Mike

Bob Ledford
08-07-2013, 05:50 PM
I just purchased an iPad 4 (retina) for the gf. We had the clear coat scratch protection put on front/back. When you transport your iPad to you have it in a case? If so, any recommendations?

My spouse got one for Christmas 2012 and she boughten a iHome case when she did it. It is metal covered with leather. It has a built in easel function that you can change from landscape to portiart.

The one thing I wish it had was a built-in stylus holder. Other than that I love it and would not trade for anything else. Some friends bought cheaper ones and they are looking for replacements already.

Cal777
08-07-2013, 07:22 PM
I have a Lifeproof case and it seems to be the best thing out there.