PDA

View Full Version : hindle exhaust

hayacrusier
06-24-2008, 08:58 AM
When installing the hindle exhaust, do you need to install some kind of gasket or exhaust sealant.

Lamonster
06-24-2008, 09:57 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/smf/index.php?topic=600.0

ld271
06-24-2008, 06:23 PM
no put it on dry clamp it on put the spring on bolt the rear strap run the bike for 15 idle let it cool for the same time and you are good to go. T :bigthumbsup:he best sounding pipe i think

Putt-Putt
06-25-2008, 01:01 PM
When installing the hindle exhaust, do you need to install some kind of gasket or exhaust sealant.

Use the stock exhaust gasket.

bjt
06-25-2008, 03:28 PM
No way the stock exhaust gasket is going to work with a Hindle muffler, at least not the Hindles that dltang and I got.

dryheat
06-25-2008, 03:33 PM

There is no gasket. You have to remove the stock one. I have read of several owners who used sealant to eliminate leaks. Couldn't hurt.

Putt-Putt
06-25-2008, 05:53 PM
[quote=bjt ]
No way the stock exhaust gasket is going to work with a Hindle muffler, at least not the Hindles that dltang and I got.
[/quote

Thats what I thought everybody was doing. So does it come with it's own gasket then?

Zerocool
06-25-2008, 06:22 PM
The dealership I bought my :spyder: from installed the hindle before I took delivery; no sealant.

Yesterday morning I had my :spyder: in for it's 600 mile service and they sealed the pipe connection w/silicone.

I've noticed a substantial increase in power when accelerating since then. Could a leak in the exhaust cause this type of noticeable difference?

bjt
06-25-2008, 07:35 PM
Thats what I thought everybody was doing. So does it come with it's own gasket then?

Hindles don't come with anything to seal the connection. I believe that is why some people are talking about using a high temp silicone to seal against leaks. I didn't use any sealant but I may try some as I think I have a slight leak.