PDA

View Full Version : Canada insurance

Heliplt
08-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Is there any special insurance required to travel into Canada?
Is insurance required?
What are the minimums if required?

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-01-2013, 05:28 AM
You would be wise to contact your own Ins. agent or the Company to see what their rules / policy on that is ......JMHO,....Mike :thumbup:...........................Because if some well-intentioned person here gives you the wrong answer .......Well I think you can figure out what comes next in Canada

bscrive
08-01-2013, 05:51 AM
Insurance on your vehicle is mandatory in Canada. I don't know if that applies to vehicles coming into Canada from the States. All we need is liability ins in most provinces. If you are coming here for an extended amount of time then I would suggest you get medical as well. It is what I do when go to another country. An accident can cost you tens of thousands of dollars out of your own pocket.

NorthStar
08-01-2013, 05:52 AM
Is insurance required?

http://canada.usembassy.gov/traveling_to_canada/driving-in-canada.html

Bob Denman
08-01-2013, 06:10 AM
http://canada.usembassy.gov/traveling_to_canada/driving-in-canada.html
Great link!
Thanks! :thumbup:

prin
08-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Is insurance required?

Yes, insurance is required. But, it is very easy to take care of. I have State Farm and all I have to do is contact my agent, tell him I am going to Canada and he issues an insurance card for Canada good for six months. And it is FREE. I cannot speak for other companies. Enjoy.

Prin

ARtraveler
08-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Last time I traveled into Canada, they checked my insurance card. I am with State Farm. Between the passport and the insurance card, all was well for our entry into and exit out of Canada.

Bob Denman
08-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Does anybody remember when you had to get a "Canadian Insurance card" before heading North of the border?
It was basically just a Bi-Lingual card that carried no extra information on it... :dontknow: