PDA

View Full Version : I bought HID 6000K

ace spyder
06-23-2008, 07:21 PM
I JUST PURCHASEED 6000K H7 HIDS MADE IN JAPAN FROM AUTOXEN.COM FOR 169.00.i INSTALLED THEM AND THEY WORK GREAT.THEY ARE NOT HARD TO INSTALL EITHER,FIRST TIME ABOUT TWO HOURS.YOU NEED TO TAKE OFF THE WINDSHIELD.TAKE OUT THE SPEEDO AND THE UPPER DASH COVER.TAKE OUT THE OLD BULBS AND BEND OVER THE SMALL TAB ON THE STOCK HEADLAMP HOLDER (EASY).INSTALL THE NEW BULBS YOU HAVE TO PUNCH A HOLE IN THE RUBBER BOOT TO RUN THE NEW WIRES THROUGH. THEN ZIP TIE THE BALLAST ON THE FRAME.THE WIRES PLUG RIGHT IN THE STOCK PLUG.HERE IS WHAT I ORDERD (H7 MOTORCYCLE KIT) JUST CALL THE GUY AND ORDER THEM TODAY. :bigthumbsup:

LittleJohn
06-23-2008, 07:31 PM
I JUST PURCHASEED 6000K H7 HIDS MADE IN JAPAN FROM AUTOXEN.COM FOR 169.00.i INSTALLED THEM AND THEY WORK GREAT.THEY ARE NOT HARD TO INSTALL EITHER,FIRST TIME ABOUT TWO HOURS.YOU NEED TO TAKE OFF THE WINDSHIELD.TAKE OUT THE SPEEDO AND THE UPPER DASH COVER.TAKE OUT THE OLD BULBS AND BEND OVER THE SMALL TAB ON THE STOCK HEADLAMP HOLDER (EASY).INSTALL THE NEW BULBS YOU HAVE TO PUNCH A HOLE IN THE RUBBER BOOT TO RUN THE NEW WIRES THROUGH. THEN ZIP TIE THE BALLAST ON THE FRAME.THE WIRES PLUG RIGHT IN THE STOCK PLUG.HERE IS WHAT I ORDERD (H7 MOTORCYCLE KIT) JUST CALL THE GUY AND ORDER THEM TODAY. :bigthumbsup:

Did you have to buy two kits? It looks like each kit only comes with one bulb. Did you also have to install two ballasts?
Thanks in advance.

Lamonster
06-23-2008, 08:47 PM
If you look on the front page you will see there's a link to No Magic Neon.
http://www.nomagicneon.com/spyderbike.html
You may have saved a buck or two on that kit but the one that Magic Man sells is plug and play for the Spyder and he is a Spyder owner that has come up with some of the best products to date for the Spyder. I hope they support the product as good as Magic Man has with our members if you have a problem.

Seeing this is your first post you wouldn't be the guy selling the kits would you?

ace spyder
06-23-2008, 09:26 PM
You get two bulbs and two ballast all one money 169.00. :-*You buy what you what if you want to spend more money go ahead.Iam just telling you what I did and you can plug them right in to the stock bulb socket.

ace spyder
06-23-2008, 09:28 PM
No I dont sell the kit but I do own a SPYDER

Lamonster
06-24-2008, 08:09 AM
No I dont sell the kit but I do own a SPYDER

Is your real name Dan? How about a pic of the kit installed? :bigthumbsup:

Magic Man
06-24-2008, 11:49 AM
I don't like to normally start "flaming" type post here as I think we should all just try to get along.

However, as Lamonster noted this post seemed "all wrong" for a first time post out of the gate for a new member? So, I just had to go this website and give this company a call first hand.

So here's what I found out...

When I called the Sales Dept a man answered and was in the warehouse saying it was noisy and he had to call me back. He called me from 323 230-5660 which is not a number listed on their web site and I would only have it from my caller ID.

It was 12:13pm EST and here is what I found out..

The H7 6000K kit listed on their site for $169.00 is for ONE HID BULB and ONE BALLIST only. I was told if my motorcycle used 2 bulbs I would have to order a second kit. I questioned this sales person in great depth to be sure it was only for one bulb and one ballast, and after repeatedly telling me this was a bit annoyed that I asked this question several times asking him if he was "sure" it was only for one of each.

So, my question Ace is....

Are you ether the luckiest man alive having paid for only one kit and somehow they sent you the other one for free?

Or is indeed your name Dan like Lamonster asked?

Of course a copy of your invoice showing 2 kits for this price or a picture of the kits along with the packing slip would immediately receive my sincere apology.

However, after the 5 minute phone call I just had with this company your post seems to be mistaken?

Again I apologize to the other forum members for the "flaming" nature of this post but sometimes things have to be said.

MM

spyderrider44
06-24-2008, 01:44 PM
:agree: sounds like Dan. don't think i would use that co.

bjt
06-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Magic Man, I wouldn't clasify a post that asked someone for proof of his claims as flaming. I questioned the same thing when I read the post and just figured that he was blowing smoke as the motorcycle kits from that site do not state that they include 2 bulbs, ballasts, etc. Their picture shows a single headlight motorcycle for their motorcycle HID kit.

Anyways, $169 times 2 equals a very comparable price to the NoMagicNeon HID kit. Now add in NoMagicNeon's customer service and Magic Man's installation and testing of the product on his own Spyder and NoMagicNeon comes out on top. Add in the genuine concern that Magic Man has shown to dltang and I for our succesful installation of his products and his follow up to be sure they are working good, that makes it a no brainer in my book. NoMagicNeon all the way. :bigthumbsup:

ace spyder
06-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Some people are just all out mean.I bought the lights for 169.00 and it was two lights and two ballast.I wouldn't post it on here if I didn't.They say money talks and here is a prime example.Here is the reference number mt081640075000010040706 and the transaction date was 6-10-2008.You guys had me thinking that I might of pad double.But I looked at my credit card statement and it said xensonic 169.00 I still have dial up and I dont know how to send pic .But I'll ask my son to do it and you will see.The guy I talked to couldn't speak English very good and was hard to understand.OK I just called the guy and its 10:45pm Wisconsin time.I asked him for the H7 Hid kit and if it came with two bulbs and two ballast for 169.00 and he said yes.He said to ask for Michael at 1-800 975-5169 and he will help you.Also my name is not Dan but you can call me at 920-538-0284 ask for Brian Thanks

bjt
06-25-2008, 06:00 AM
I'm sorry if I offended you ace spyder. If you did get two HIDs for $169, you got a really good deal. How do you like the 6000K bulbs over the stock Spyder lights? I have 8000K HIDs and they make the stock lights look like they are running on half power.

Lamonster
06-25-2008, 06:29 AM
Some people are just all out mean.I bought the lights for 169.00 and it was two lights and two ballast.I wouldn't post it on here if I didn't.They say money talks and here is a prime example.Here is the reference number mt081640075000010040706 and the transaction date was 6-10-2008.You guys had me thinking that I might of pad double.But I looked at my credit card statement and it said xensonic 169.00 I still have dial up and I dont know how to send pic .But I'll ask my son to do it and you will see.The guy I talked to couldn't speak English very good and was hard to understand.OK I just called the guy and its 10:45pm Wisconsin time.I asked him for the H7 Hid kit and if it came with two bulbs and two ballast for 169.00 and he said yes.He said to ask for Michael at 1-800 975-5169 and he will help you.Also my name is not Dan but you can call me at 920-538-0284 ask for Brian Thanks

This is what they list on their site. So if you got two for the price of one you did good and someone should be fired or at least chewed out at AutoXen.

H7 - Xensonic Motorcycle Kits
Xensonic HID System Kits includes 1 direct plug-in Xenon HID bulbs, 1 ballasts (transformer/igniter unit), complete wiring hardness and easy to follow instructions and wiring program. All kits are available in 5 fabulous colors: 4300K Crystal White, 6000K Aqua Blue, 8000K Iceberg Blue, 10000K Ultra Violet Purple and 12000K Violet Blue.

http://autoxen.com/store/hid_motorcycle.html
http://autoxen.com/store/product39.html

Magic Man
06-25-2008, 06:30 AM
OK I'm going to go to the wedsite today and buy one of their H7 kits I'll report back what comes for the money.

MM

Lamonster
06-25-2008, 06:31 AM
OK I'm going to go to the wedsite today and buy one of their H7 kits I'll report back what comes for the money.

MM

I wouldn't bother Bro.

ace spyder
06-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Magic man did you order your two lights and two ballast for 169.00 yet.Give me a call and let me know Thanks

Lamonster
06-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Magic man did you order your two lights and two ballast for 169.00 yet.Give me a call and let me know Thanks

So please answer this.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/smf/index.php?topic=1495.msg12533#msg12533

Magic Man
06-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Just ordered off their web site. Ordered a motorcycle H7 6000K kit which they now charge $179.00 for plus $10.00 shipping, for a total of $189.00?

It is coming out of CA, so should be here in about week.

We'll see what comes for my $189.00?

Qty Name SKU Each Subtotal
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 6000K Aqua Blue - Motorcycle:H7 - Xensonic Motorcycle Kits6000K M $179.00 $179.00
Subtotal $179.00
Shipping: Ground $10.00
Tax Total $0.00
Grand Total $189.00

Payment type:American Express

MM

Napalmseth
06-25-2008, 10:01 AM
There is a chance he bought these from them and the salesman screwed up in his favor. I've seen that MANY times. Owning a retail store, I know there have been plenty of times the "hired help" has screwed up and given more off the price or more product than was intended.

Lamonster
06-25-2008, 10:12 AM
There is a chance he bought these from them and the salesman screwed up in his favor. I've seen that MANY times. Owning a retail store, I know there have been plenty of times the "hired help" has screwed up and given more off the price or more product than was intended.

:agree: but seeing he has yet to answer my question and he's still online you got to wonder. ::)

Magic Man
06-25-2008, 10:15 AM

I know what you mean.

However, then it's like I said before "than he's the luckiest man in the world"

But a mistake by a salesperson like that is not the norm, and is not fair to expect they'll screw up everytime.

We'll know in about a week when the kit I ordered comes in.

MM

Napalmseth
06-25-2008, 10:20 AM
No, it's not fair to expect that every time, BUT it's not his fault for getting two for one either. ;D

majinbusa
06-25-2008, 10:39 AM
He said to ask for Michael at 1-800 975-5169

bjt
06-25-2008, 03:32 PM
However, then it's like I said before "than he's the luckiest man in the world"

I thought I was the luckiest man in the world..... :spyder: :thumbup: :2thumbs: :doorag: :firstplace: :cheers: :yes:

dltang
06-25-2008, 03:39 PM
I thought I was the luckiest man in the world..... ;D :spyder: :bigthumbsup: :hot: :a18: :bad2thebone: :2cool:

You are honey, trust me. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-138.GIF

Lamonster
07-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Just ordered off their web site. Ordered a motorcycle H7 6000K kit which they now charge $179.00 for plus $10.00 shipping, for a total of $189.00?

It is coming out of CA, so should be here in about week.

We'll see what comes for my $189.00?

Qty Name SKU Each Subtotal
1 6000K Aqua Blue - Motorcycle:H7 - Xensonic Motorcycle Kits6000K M $179.00 $179.00
Subtotal $179.00
Shipping: Ground $10.00
Tax Total $0.00
Grand Total $189.00

Payment type:American Express

MM

Here's the pics you sent me.
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/7/18211285781.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic/8369381)
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/7/18211285744.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic/8369382)
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/7/18211285725.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic/8369383)

Magic Man
07-01-2008, 11:22 AM
As you can see from the above pics I sent to Lamonster. It was only ONE BULB and ONE BALLIST I was sent for my $189.00.

How or why someone else got 2 for this money still is not known, or confirmed?

But, unless they just give you one for FREE when you call rather than order off their site, which is what they inferred happened? I don't know how you would get 2 for this money?

However, I did speak to "Michael" both times during this order process. Once when I called asking what came for my $189.00, and once when he called me back to confirm my shipping address.

So, how someone got 2 kits for this money is still not known, but now it does seem highly unlikely at least form this company?

MM

bjt
07-01-2008, 11:34 AM
So now that you have those HIDs Magic Man, how do they compare to yours? :popcorn:

Hard to tell from the tiny pics, but it looks like a similar kit to the ones you sell.

Magic Man
07-01-2008, 12:20 PM
I can't tell from just looking but they seem OK? But for more money $189 X 2 or $388 they better be good or he'll have alot of unhappy people on his hands.

Also, there is a total lack of any paper work with this kit? Which leavs me to wonder just what the warranty is, and what it covers? Also, how hard would it be to get warranty coverage if needed, and what would be required to get such coverage?

Which brings up a true story here. My partner Jody bought an HID kit on EBAY last year (before we sold these) for his Harley truck. Less than 1 year later (2 weeks ago to be exact) one of the ballasts went out.

When he tried to get warranty coverage.... loser! No such luck! We ended having to use one of our ballasts in it to make it work again.

It really turned out to be "buyer beware" for sure.

MM

Twodog185
07-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Hey, you do keep busy. I just ordered some ego lights for miss muffeet...got the power block...extras little goodies to make it all work...got my card used a bit...being mailed today.

Feeling good....

sirvivor4
01-02-2009, 12:30 PM
i agree i just bought a complete kit for both sides:D that works for 200.00 off ebay and same warranty that nmn offer. but i saw several that where lots cheaper that offered the same warranty after i had bought them. bummer. but nevertheless its still 150.00 cheaper than nmn. dont get me wrong i love nmn and i have some of there products install on my bike. i just love saving money more. :2thumbs:

sirvivor4
01-02-2009, 01:01 PM
look spyder riders please call Lamoster first be fore you buy cause he can save you money or grief of both. he has knowledge on most products for the spyder. i sorry i that i didnot check with him before i bought a few items :banghead:. a mistake i want make again. aka i should have bought the nmn hids. but i hope and pray that i dont have any problems with the cheaper ones i bought at all or no time soon. ( stick to no majic neon) or buy at your own risk:pray:

tatt2r
01-02-2009, 02:38 PM
you get what you pay for .... i know being in my business ..... people come in i give them a price they say the guy up the street said he would do it for a lot less ... or there buddy does tattoos in his basement would do it for even cheaper ... i say go ahead .... you want quality and done clean and back up my work then spend the money you dont then .... go cheap.... that and just dealing with magicman is worth spending the extra money .... he is one of us .... :D:coffee:

bone crusher
01-02-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm worn out just following this thread...I'll say this...

Evan stands behind his products even if the purchaser (me) is incompetent at times. Customer service is a big part of the buying experience and I know when I upgrade to HID, I won't be looking elsewhere...

I'm a proud owner of the fender tipz, taillight, and the triple play...great creations...they work great and I'm sure if there's ever a problem, Evan will be there...

Why go elsewhere? Go where you know you'll be taken care of!

jetskier
01-06-2009, 06:27 PM
I myself would happily buy the NMN HID kit and have them shipped to the UK but they are not EC homologated so I run the risk of being nabbed by the filth.

bone crusher
01-06-2009, 11:23 PM
I myself would happily buy the NMN HID kit and have them shipped to the UK but they are not EC homologated so I run the risk of being nabbed by the filth.

There's an easy fix to that...move out of the UK...:joke:

There's more road here anyway!

jetskier
01-07-2009, 04:47 AM
:clap: This is true mate but I'm only 100 miles from continental Europe and no speed restrictions whatsoever on the major roads, plus of course Dutch girls. :thumbup:

bone crusher
01-07-2009, 12:14 PM
:clap: This is true mate but I'm only 100 miles from continental Europe and no speed restrictions whatsoever on the major roads, plus of course Dutch girls. :thumbup:

Ahhhh...Dutch girls...Dutch pretzels....Dutch beer....ahhhhh....(go with the girls first!)...:yes: