PDA

View Full Version : In Praise of BRP UK - Phill Durrant Afersales Rep

eddieshep999
07-31-2013, 01:14 PM
I know we have found it difficult to understand why the Spyder has not been pushed more by BRP in the UK and when problems arise they have been slow in the past to react

I recently had my middle Windshield bracket break for the 2nd time
the first being replaced by Hughendens M40 BRP Dealer in Jan 2012

I had Hughendens M40 replace it at a cost for the part of £437 as the full unit has to be replaced and not just the middle bracket

Although my Spyder RT-S SE5 2010 Model was out of it's 2 yr warranty period I felt BRP should consider a claim as the last bracket was replaced just over 12months ago

I contacted BRP and was asked to give details, Photos and an Invoice

BRP Europe in the form of -

Phill Durrant
Aftersales representative
SeaDoo & Can-Am
BRP Receational Products UK

Took up my case and has agreed a full refund for the parts less the Labour Cost

I have to say I am well pleased with the outcome and the way BRP dealt with the issue

I have copied their response to my claim and my acceptance to it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr.Sheppard

Firstly sorry for delay in responding to you, and thank you for providing the photos and invoice

We have been able to review your enquiry together with Hughenden M40, as you mention your Can-Am Spyder is now outside of it's warranty coverage by 12 months.
Taking this into account and considering you are a valued customer of BRP we would like to offer you a refund for the parts purchased from Hughenden M40.

This is considered a gesture of goodwill and will cover the parts only, the labour costs would still be your responsibility

Should you wish to accept this offer please contact Hughenden M40 and they will be able to process your refund.

I hope you find this satisfactory and has restored your faith in BRP and the Can-Am brand

Your sincerly

Phill Durrant
Aftersales representative
SeaDoo & Can-Am
BRP Recreational Products UK Ltd
www.brp.com (http://www.brp.com/?forumid=605485)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phill

Thanks for such a positive response to my claim

I accept you kind offer in full and will be in contact with Hughenden M40 for the refund

It is my intention to remain a loyal customer of BRP Spyders and Products in the years ahead and know when the time comes to upgrade to a new Spyder I will be more than happy to make another purchase

In the meantime I will support my Dealer Hughenden M40 for all my servicing needs having been happy with all the work they have and continue to do for me

Please accept my sincere thanks and may I wish you and BRP Europe continue success with the Spyder in the UK

Eddie Sheppard

jerpinoy
07-31-2013, 01:22 PM
:congrats: in getting your money back. BRP did good for you.:yes::yes:

Chupaca
07-31-2013, 01:22 PM
glad to see brp step up and help out the loyal customers around the world. They are a good company and have seen them cover similar situations in favor of the customer. Being relatively new in this market I think they have not spread out far enough to handle all issues as quickly as we would like. They will improve no doubt...!! :thumbup:

CyncySpyder
08-01-2013, 12:52 PM
:clap: Glad they stepped up & took care of you, as they did us on our 2nd one as well :clap:

:hun: I just wish the replacement part was updated & better than the same :cus: that keeps breaking :banghead:

:pray:Maybe one day :pray: