PDA

View Full Version : 09 gs whining noise

KEBIE
07-31-2013, 08:51 AM
Is this a common sound? Seems like it has a whining noise coming from the transmission maybe? I'm new to bikes and not really familiar with all the sounds just yet. Any input is appreciated. Thanks. By the way it's an SE5 with 1200 miles on it.

ARtraveler
07-31-2013, 01:02 PM
If you are referring to sounds the :spyder2: makes when backing up, its very normal. Forward, not so sure there.

:welcome:

jerpinoy
07-31-2013, 01:17 PM
Take it to the dealer and they let you know if it should concern you. Did it happen before?

ARCTIC
07-31-2013, 01:23 PM
When I'm going in first gear around 15Mph, mine makes an intermittent whining noise. I assume it's normal :dontknow:

Chupaca
07-31-2013, 01:29 PM
but our RS 2012 sm5 whines like it has a turbo and has since new. Now has almost 9,000 miles and running strong. But you can always run it by the dealer and have them have a listen..!! :thumbup:

ARCTIC
07-31-2013, 01:42 PM
Mine has loud exhaust on it. That fixes a lot of things:roflblack:

KEBIE
07-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Im guessing it's kinda normal. It is in lower gears also. The closest can am shop is about an hour away. I really wished there was more certified ppl around to work on them.

KX5062
08-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Is this a common sound? Seems like it has a whining noise coming from the transmission maybe? I'm new to bikes and not really familiar with all the sounds just yet. Any input is appreciated. Thanks. By the way it's an SE5 with 1200 miles on it.

It also could be the belt is too tight. You can jack it up and turn the rear tire by hand and take a listen. The first time I did it I was shocked to hear the belt groaning loudly. I then loosened it up (you can look up the Krik-it II thread for instructions) and the groaning went away. Although, I still get the brake squeal when in reverse.

wildbill6565
08-10-2013, 09:35 AM
have your dealer check the front drive pulley! The teeth on mine was almost stripped out. Had my wife's replaced at the same time. Her's had just started breaking too.

KEBIE
08-11-2013, 01:17 AM
It also could be the belt is too tight. You can jack it up and turn the rear tire by hand and take a listen. The first time I did it I was shocked to hear the belt groaning loudly. I then loosened it up (you can look up the Krik-it II thread for instructions) and the groaning went away. Although, I still get the brake squeal when in reverse.

What's up with the brake squeal in reverse? Mine does it too. Starting thinking my brakes was going bad.