PDA

View Full Version : bike of the future??????

effgjamis
07-31-2013, 08:32 AM
Some restrictions apply.

http://www.wftv.com/videos/ap/technology/bike-of-the-future-travels-east-coast/v7rk4/

mxz600
07-31-2013, 08:48 AM
That is a perfect bicycle for Spyder owners. We are already educated on "not sure what to qualify it as" and we sure are used to the gawkers.

Oldmanzues
07-31-2013, 08:51 AM
This brings new meaning to "what is it?" Interesting concept.
I do have questions thou, for the bike people on here. The female said, it was illlegal to park on the street. Is it illegal to park a bike on the street?
Would it be legal on a bike path? Just curious.
Oldmanzues

Bob Denman
07-31-2013, 09:44 AM
You would need to transport it up to the Moher Ship for parking... ;)
"Dirve on the street; but you can't park there???? :roflblack: That'll be a real strong selling point! :shocked:

wyliec
07-31-2013, 10:02 AM
This brings new meaning to "what is it?" Interesting concept.
I do have questions thou, for the bike people on here. The female said, it was illlegal to park on the street. Is it illegal to park a bike on the street?
Would it be legal on a bike path? Just curious.
Oldmanzues

If you park it at a street meter, it seems to me it would be okay. Remember, she said no riding on the sidewalk; so, where could it be parked?

I doubt it would be okay on bike paths because of its' width. Also, most bike paths do not allow motorized vehicles, at least the ones I've ridden.

Since top speed is 20 mph with the electric motor, I think you might be tying up street traffic. I also, once again, think it's too wide for the bike lanes in those areas that have street bike lanes.

MarkLawson
07-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Bike of the future, maybe, just not my future.

Dragonrider
07-31-2013, 12:04 PM
I ride a recumbent trike - this is just my trike with a "body" - and there are several of those. I ride it anywhere a regular bike can go, including off road. It is far more comfortable than riding a regular bike, especially at my age….

Bob Denman
07-31-2013, 12:24 PM
But they still involve pealing... :gaah:
I'm allergic to anything that might involve work. :D

jerpinoy
07-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Is that a city law that you can't park it on the street? Maybe if it has the ability to transform to two wheel with a flick of a switch it will work on a bike lane.:roflblack:

ARtraveler
07-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Interesting concept--but not quite my cup of tea. :)

wyliec
07-31-2013, 01:26 PM
I ride a recumbent trike - this is just my trike with a "body" - and there are several of those. I ride it anywhere a regular bike can go, including off road. It is far more comfortable than riding a regular bike, especially at my age….

I see those in the park I go to. However, I would be afraid to use on the street due to sitting so low to the ground and auto drivers being inattentive.

Chupaca
07-31-2013, 01:37 PM
just not for me..enclosing any open vehicle just kills it for me. But it will be a hit with some. A bit awkward as far as hanging it on the wall of your apt. or chaining it to the lamp post outside...:roflblack:

ARtraveler
07-31-2013, 01:51 PM
I was just thinking--another $1,800 and you could have an Elio. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-31-2013, 02:32 PM
just not for me..enclosing any open vehicle just kills it for me. But it will be a hit with some. A bit awkward as far as hanging it on the wall of your apt. or chaining it to the lamp post outside...:roflblack:
But go ahead; let the dogs chase you! you're now "toothproof"! :thumbup:

luciamichael11
08-02-2013, 06:36 AM
That is a perfect bicycle for Spyder owners. We are already educated on "not sure what to qualify it as" and we sure are used to the gawkers.

you said right, this is perfect bicycle.