PDA

View Full Version : only one???

Laila's Dad
07-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Hello all,

I hope that your week has been great so far and that it only gets better from here...I just got back to Dallas(Mesquite to be specific), TX this morning about 3:30 am CST. We drove from Dallas to Atlanta, GA then to Tampa, FL then to Daytona Beach, FL, to Orlando, FL, then back to Atlanta, GA and finally back to Dallas this morning. After all of those miles and over 6 days I only saw one spyder on the highway :dontknow:. Oddly enough, that was on Sunday on I-4(Orlando area) in the rain. It was a white ST. I was proud of him or her for braving the rain but even more glad just to see one on the highway. Why were you all hiding?
:joke:

Orange monster
07-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Dang your in Mesquite, I'm in Mesquite as well! I live in Creeks Crossing by Thompson Elementary school. My brother and I just bought 2013 RSS's the first of July and haven't seen many around town. We need to meet up sometime and say hi. I think we are going to go up to Ywin Peaks Thursday evening for bike night just to check out the rides, if you have a hour or two you should meet us up there around 7pm. I have the orange/black bike and my brother got the green/black bike.

Mickay
07-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Hi,

I'm sorry for you. In 2008 i start from Montreal(Quebec)Canada to Virginia Beach i have not see one. But i see a lot of Harley Davidson and it will take time to see more Spyder. The official riding boys in the state is the Harley Davidson. And the Harley guys at the gas station asking me who made that , how much it cost, so and so...he repeat if one day he can't ride he's Harley it will be the end for him that it will never sat on a Spyder , better dead than driving this kind of tricycle for kid, because he look like a real bad boys on is Harley. And if he sat on Spyder he will look like Miss Peggys with tattoo. But i don't tell him i keep my comment for me.:yes:

But he will miss the first reason why he road in open air , for feeling of liberty.

shooter
07-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Dang, y'all close to me Terrell. Work nights and days off are Sunday and Monday. Will be riding early Sunday.

otter28169
07-30-2013, 09:06 PM
I just met a new spyder owner who lives less than five miles from me. I was taking the mistress to Cortland for new ball joints and I saw his spyder parked a half mile from my house at the local roadhouse. It would be the second time in less than a week. I have seen several spyders in Chenango County within the last 4 weeks. Maybe they are all ryding in upstate NY, and you should join them???

Just sayin'............

Laila's Dad
07-30-2013, 09:42 PM
Dang your in Mesquite, I'm in Mesquite as well! I live in Creeks Crossing by Thompson Elementary school. My brother and I just bought 2013 RSS's the first of July and haven't seen many around town. We need to meet up sometime and say hi. I think we are going to go up to Ywin Peaks Thursday evening for bike night just to check out the rides, if you have a hour or two you should meet us up there around 7pm. I have the orange/black bike and my brother got the green/black bike.

Bro, I think we live maybe 2 sub-divisions apart. I stay in Glenway Estates. That's crazy! I have seen a green RS-S around like on Collins and 80 once or twice so that was your brother. I will send you a private message with my information so we can meet up. Bike night sounds great. I had also considered the one at Hi five cycles but I keep thinking that rolling up there solo is not the way. Now we got a spyder crew :doorag:. I think "Shooter" is not to far from us too, in Terrel right down 80.

Laila's Dad
07-30-2013, 09:44 PM
I just met a new spyder owner who lives less than five miles from me. I was taking the mistress to Cortland for new ball joints and I saw his spyder parked a half mile from my house at the local roadhouse. It would be the second time in less than a week. I have seen several spyders in Chenango County within the last 4 weeks. Maybe they are all ryding in upstate NY, and you should join them???

Just sayin'............

Man, I don't know if I have the "sea legs" to make that kind of trip from Dallas to New York on the spyder. I wouldn't be able to make it home. I would get there and just have to stay a year or two until I rested up.

Laila's Dad
07-30-2013, 09:51 PM
Hi,

I'm sorry for you. In 2008 i start from Montreal(Quebec)Canada to Virginia Beach i have not see one. But i see a lot of Harley Davidson and it will take time to see more Spyder. The official riding boys in the state is the Harley Davidson. And the Harley guys at the gas station asking me who made that , how much it cost, so and so...he repeat if one day he can't ride he's Harley it will be the end for him that it will never sat on a Spyder , better dead than driving this kind of tricycle for kid, because he look like a real bad boys on is Harley. And if he sat on Spyder he will look like Miss Peggys with tattoo. But i don't tell him i keep my comment for me.:yes:

But he will miss the first reason why he road in open air , for feeling of liberty.

yeah, although spyders are up and comers we are still a small population compared to Harleys and the other main motorcycle brands. I am fortunate, I have not met any people that had any negative comments for my spyder. I met a few all day bikers(my term for the bikers with there leather or denim jacket no helmet and only sunglasses and a bandana) and the one that did speak to me only asked about the motor(which I know very little about) and that was it. I imagine being a big guy helps to deter some of the negative comments from coming my way. lol

Chupaca
07-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Have seen quite a few posts from the florida group looking for ryders and they live there. What do you expect to find..!! :roflblack: recently drove to Harrisburg PA 2600 miles and saw 1 in Harrisburg red RS/GS and the guy was wearing a black leather jacket with skeleton on it like holloween..!! Sounds like a great trip anyway glad you made it back safely..!! :thumbup:

scooterexpress
07-31-2013, 06:59 AM
theres alot of us in the ft-worth area but like you say hardly see any out there when your out riding looking for others.

MouthPiece
07-31-2013, 07:13 AM
I was running up and down I-4 between Sanford and Disneyworld all weekend on my spyder. Sorry I didn't see ya.

Chris

TopDog57
07-31-2013, 07:58 AM
I'm in Irving and have seen just a couple. Maybe it's the weather? Just too freakin' hot.

MarkLawson
07-31-2013, 10:13 AM
As Atlanta has had an unusual rain pattern so far this summer - rain almost daily, I imagine many Spyders are parked in the garage, like mine.

Dib52
07-31-2013, 05:28 PM
Hey Laila's dad...I can remember a time when you were terrified of the highway. Great to hear you are comfortable. Sounds like a great trip. Very rarely do I see any on the road. Did 100 miles today from Wylie to Arlington on 161, nothing! Had to exchange Rangers tickets. Funny thing, as I was parked at work the other day, guy comes up and says, "that yours?". Come to find out he lives 5 minutes from the house and has a GS...small world. Don't forget about me up here in Wylie!

Raknid
07-31-2013, 05:59 PM
I traveled to WV last week. Saw four Spiders in the Viginia area. Return trip saw two on RT 78 in PA....and a couple more in Toronto over the weekend. I have been seeing more as of late. :clap:

Laila's Dad
07-31-2013, 10:38 PM
I'm in Irving and have seen just a couple. Maybe it's the weather? Just too freakin' hot.

you better know it man, this Texas heat will let you know real quick how dedicated you are to riding...

Laila's Dad
07-31-2013, 11:04 PM
Hey Laila's dad...I can remember a time when you were terrified of the highway. Great to hear you are comfortable. Sounds like a great trip. Very rarely do I see any on the road. Did 100 miles today from Wylie to Arlington on 161, nothing! Had to exchange Rangers tickets. Funny thing, as I was parked at work the other day, guy comes up and says, "that yours?". Come to find out he lives 5 minutes from the house and has a GS...small world. Don't forget about me up here in Wylie!

Hey buddy, I haven't forgot about you. I have been working on getting things ready for my group's charity ride coming up in September to Austin, maybe you can join me for that one...I have gotten a lot, lot, lot more comfortable over the last several months. I have about 5500 miles on the spyder now and I am on the expressway more than the side roads. I drive the spyder to work every chance that I get so that has really helped me out with comfort. I do have to clear this up, the trip I took to Florida was in a suv. It was a family vacation so I had Laila and Laila's mom too. No way they could have fit on the spyder with Laila's car seat :). I want to ride to Weatherford, TX before my charity ride on 9-7-2013 but if not maybe a week after that so we can make that happen. I will send you a private message about my charity event and hopefully you can make it and pass on the information to any other riders that you know.

Yelhelp
08-01-2013, 06:31 AM

Just sayin'............
Chad I was in Bainbridge (for Work) and had to do a job at the Vision FCU in Norwich , on the way home saw a Black RS heading North to Norwich area. I to have been seeing more and more. See you at Lake George. Bill :ohyea: