PDA

View Full Version : Why i'm so upset going to dealer.

Mickay
07-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Hi,
I would apologize , maybe all problem i've got on RT 2010 #559 maybe is because i buy the prototype one.(waiting for my check):pray:

2010-2/safety warranty campaign/ignition switch connector & ignition switch harness routing
2010-3/warranty campaign/RT electronic modules softwear update
2010-4/warranty campaign/RT gearbox position sensor initialization

2010-5/safety warranty campaign/SE5 clutch sticking engaged
2010-6/warranty campaign/radio antenna installation,middle side
panel rubber gromets,rear suspension
inspection and calibration,fault codes
P0504 and C0040

2010-6/service bulletin/drive belt tension specification change
2010-7/service bulletin/new brake pads
2010-8/service bulletin/gauge malfunctions
2010-9/service bulletin/air suspension repair kit
2010-12/service bulletin/HCM oil filter replacement
2010-15/service bulletin/rear air suspension leakage inspection

Recall on DPS 2 time recall
Cooling tank (Fix by me) replace out of warranty. BRP exchange new one (90$).
3 Seat (Fix) last one same thing happen now out of warranty.
Rear Trunk key barrel broke (No chance my helmet was in the trunk) 1 hour waiting my wife bring me helmet
Left Control Handle problem when flashing to the left intermitent (Fix)
Throttle body replace (even if my vin is not on the list (Fix)
Lost left oil check panel (replace with new one with tab)
New gas cap (Fix) recall
Cam shock adjustment broke (Fix)
Brake malfunction (Fix) Fill brake oil to the bottom.
Brake pedal clip recall

A couple of oil change at home
Air filter at home
2 Spark Plug Iridium paid at home
4 ball joint (Fix) paid next time at home
Air suspension compressor (Fix) paid next time at home
Rear bearing (Fix) paid next time at home
New brake pad paid
Front tire at 38000km paid
Rear tire at 33000km paid
Bajaron Anti-Sway paid
Lot of gas paid
Lot of beer paid at the end of the day
Lot of riding with crazy friends

In 3 years my Pontiac Vibe never go that much at dealer. It's was the first time that i buy something that i have to have it so much time at the dealer than to my garage lot. Maybe that why i have so much complaint about the Spyder then the new one owner Spyder today who buy Spyder with one or two problem and complaint. I know some old timer will understand me. I regret the time of my GS 2008 SM. Yes i was 5 years younger. 40 today.:b2b:.

Do you remember the time you have past at the dealer with every problem happen , and thinking maybe you have made error buying this beasts, and thinking how long you have been patience with your dealer and all effort they made to keep you happy.

And between you and me. Keep it secret to BRP. I will not imagine what kind of motorcycle i had riding till 2008 if the Spyder was not there. In 2008 i'm near to buy a HD Road Glide when i see the beasts at the dealer, i know i want one.

Keep safe riding folks.

Chupaca
07-30-2013, 11:38 PM
You must hold some kind of record..but you had some good times in between. Like the song said " A little bit of love is better than no love, even a sad love is better than no love, even a bad love is better than no love at all" . Not sure what check your waiting for but hope you get it soon..!! :thumbup:

jerpinoy
07-30-2013, 11:53 PM
That's amazing and I hope every one of those are gone on my 2012 RT SE5. My only problem was a rt hand panel missing. It flew and gone while I was driving on the highway.

Mickay
07-31-2013, 01:40 AM
Hi,

With all the stuff they have fix. I feel like a road tester for BRP.:doorag: That why i'm waiting for my pay check.:roflblack:

You must hold some kind of record..but you had some good times in between. Like the song said " A little bit of love is better than no love, even a sad love is better than no love, even a bad love is better than no love at all" . Not sure what check your waiting for but hope you get it soon..!! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-31-2013, 06:34 AM
This is an impressive list... :shocked:
You surely deserve an award for "crawling through broken glass" in order to ride your Spyder! :firstplace:

ARtraveler
07-31-2013, 01:12 PM
We have a very similar history. I also purchased a 2008 GS-SM5. The second one to be sold in Ak. That :spyder2: gave me 23,500 trouble free miles before I traded it off on a 2010 RT-S #474. Our Premier Editions were only 85 units apart.

Other than the regular servicing and recall items as listed, my 33,000 miles on the 2010 RT have been relatively free from major repairs or glitches. I have had a couple annoying things, an oil leak--(caused by dealer), the shift linkage coming undone at an inappropriate time, and a broken drive belt--(caused by me). My biggest complaint is the cost of keeping the :ani29: maintained.

Mickay
07-31-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi,

I went to dealer today to show him that i have the same noise as before they change the rear bearing. They made a road test. He told me come back next wednesday , do not have time this week. About the noise don't care you will not lost the back wheel. He said it's maybe just a seal. The noise start only after 10 or 15 minutes riding , i have the feeling that something inside wheel hub start to warm up. When i take a break half hour ,they come back again after a couple of minute riding. And he start talking about the noise maybe coming from the front pulley. Are you crazy:yikes: i will not let you disassemble all the motor. When he came back from road test , i can ear it very clearly it's from rear wheel. He said the man who done the job , it's always the same who change the bearing and it a expert.:bowdown:It's has relate to other thing but not the bearing. I try Jigolo on belt and WD40 on rear disc and noise don't change

We have a very similar history. I also purchased a 2008 GS-SM5. The second one to be sold in Ak. That :spyder2: gave me 23,500 trouble free miles before I traded it off on a 2010 RT-S #474. Our Premier Editions were only 85 units apart.

Other than the regular servicing and recall items as listed, my 33,000 miles on the 2010 RT have been relatively free from major repairs or glitches. I have had a couple annoying things, an oil leak--(caused by dealer), the shift linkage coming undone at an inappropriate time, and a broken drive belt--(caused by me). My biggest complaint is the cost of keeping the :ani29: maintained.

pellcitypete
07-31-2013, 03:15 PM
AND I THOUGHT I HAD TROUBLES :bowdown::yikes:

oldgoat
07-31-2013, 03:27 PM
That's a long list. Who is the dealer? Contant, Summum?

Mickay
08-13-2013, 12:17 PM
i went to Lapointe Sports they charge me 1/2 hour to play with belt and putting some 3 peas grease on pully , i told that i don't have to pay for that, the job was done last week 4 ball joint,rear wheel bearing,air suspension compressor (1200$) but the reason was my spyder is special they have to tweak it to make belt running with no noise. after some discussion i pay the bill 48$ what it take me to never go back to Lapointe Sports, they don't stand behind is job. 90$/hour and riendeau sports 80$/hour.