PDA

View Full Version : Spyderlovers problem

arntufun
07-30-2013, 04:17 PM
First let me say I'm not new and have been navigating this site for some time. I recently have discovered a problem and I'm looking to see if others are having the same issue.

When I'm in compatibility mode I can hit return and make paragraphs (spaces down between next sentence) but I can not post full size pics in this mode. This means when I insert a pic, I used to be able to double click the pic and make it full size before I submitted the post. I can't do this now, it will only come up as a thumbnail.

When I'm not in compatibility mode, I can post full size pics but I can not hit return at the end of a sentence to create a new paragraph......... I'm running Windows 7, and seems I now have Internet explore 10 (used to have IE9) and it ran perfectly until a month ago when IE10 was installed automaticly.

ANYBODY ????????????

arntufun
07-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Also, when in compatibility mode, my user name and notifications are laying on top of one another.

Bob Denman
07-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Check which Internet Explorer you're running...
IE10 does some wonky things in here.
YOu might just have to switch back to IE9

Chupaca
07-30-2013, 04:35 PM
:agree: have seen many problems with IE10 and all switch back and the planets align once again..!! :thumbup:

bruiser
07-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Yep. I found that out too. I disabled auto update as well. I'm using Chrome now.

arntufun
07-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Does anyone know how to get rid of internet explore 10 ???? My computer says I have IE10 running and I just went to download IE9 and it says I already have it installed on my computer ????? How do I get rid of IE10 ??????

Sarge707
07-30-2013, 05:00 PM
I have Windows 7 also and to delete IE10 I think I just opened -control panel- Install/Delete a program- and picked IE10 to delete because 9 was the one that came with the computer?

arntufun
07-30-2013, 05:09 PM
I have Windows 7 also and to delete IE10 I think I just opened -control panel- Install/Delete a program- and picked IE10 to delete because 9 was the one that came with the computer?

Internet explorer/ IE10 is not in my add or remove programs, is it called something else ???????? IE9 doesn't even show up in there ?????

Bob Denman
07-30-2013, 05:15 PM
:shocked: PM Scotty about this; he talked me through an"IE10"-ectomy on mine! :thumbup:

And I've also heard that he's a good cook, an excellent dancer, and he once saved...;)

wyliec
07-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Randy,

Check this out:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-Remove-IE10-and-Get-Back-to-IE9-on-Windows-7-308998.shtml

Two things:

Don't use quotes around Programs and Features.

Once you get to click on Uninstall an Update, it's better to go to the box in the upper right and type in Internet; you'll find it easier.

I just went through the whole process (to see if it works) and I'm back to IE9.

arntufun
07-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Randy,

Check this out:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-Remove-IE10-and-Get-Back-to-IE9-on-Windows-7-308998.shtml

You are the man !!!!!!!!!!! :firstplace::bowdown::firstplace: Worked Perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: If anyone else has these issues follow the instructions in the link Wyliec posted and you will be back in business. :yes: I also took Bruisers advice and disabled Windows from updating again to IE10. Thanks Everyone !!!!

Bob Denman
07-30-2013, 05:53 PM
:2thumbs: :clap: :congrats:

NancysToy
07-30-2013, 06:41 PM
Does anyone know how to get rid of internet explore 10 ???? My computer says I have IE10 running and I just went to download IE9 and it says I already have it installed on my computer ????? How do I get rid of IE10 ??????
Go to the Control Panel, then to Add/Remove Programs. Uninstall IE10, reboot, and IE9 should work. Then go to Windows Update and make sure "Update Automatically" is not checked.

arntufun
07-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Go to the Control Panel, then to Add/Remove Programs. Uninstall IE10, reboot, and IE9 should work. Then go to Windows Update and make sure "Update Automatically" is not checked.

Tried that first but, IE10 and IE9 was not listed under add/remove programs in my operating system (windows 7). Every other Microsoft program was in there except for Internet Explorer. I had to follow the steps Wyliec posted to get the job done. :thumbup:

ARtraveler
07-30-2013, 06:54 PM
That IE10 is an insidious program. I had the same problem and spent about two hours getting rid of it.

IGETAROUND
07-30-2013, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=arntufun;664715]Does anyone know how to get rid of internet explore 10 ???? My computer says I have IE10 running and I just went to download IE9 and it says I already have it installed on my computer ????? How do I get rid of IE10 ??????[/QUOTthe easy answer is go to a MAC. Your stuck with IE with windows, can't delete and still have a functional system. Use Chrome or another browser. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

arntufun
07-30-2013, 07:02 PM
That IE10 is an insidious program. I had the same problem and spent about two hours getting rid of it.

The weird thing is, this site was the only one affected in a bad way by IE10. All other sites and forums that I belong to ran fine. I'm guessing the host server company here is not fully compatable with IE10, but thats only speculating on my part ??????? :dontknow:

Bob Ledford
07-31-2013, 07:28 AM

Simple! Go to control panel add and remove software highlight IE 10 click remove and your done. Reboot on completion.

arntufun
07-31-2013, 08:06 AM
Simple! Go to control panel add and remove software highlight IE 10 click remove and your done. Reboot on completion.

See post 8 and 14........... :thumbup:

NancysToy
07-31-2013, 08:14 AM
See post 8 and 14........... :thumbup:
You have to have "Show Windows Updates" checked.

mxz600
07-31-2013, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=arntufun;664715]Does anyone know how to get rid of internet explore 10 ???? My computer says I have IE10 running and I just went to download IE9 and it says I already have it installed on my computer ????? How do I get rid of IE10 ??????[/QUOTthe easy answer is go to a MAC. Your stuck with IE with windows, can't delete and still have a functional system. Use Chrome or another browser. :yikes::yikes::yikes:
Like there has never been any problems with Safari? You MAC guys crack me up, right up there with the Toyota fanboys.

cjackg
07-31-2013, 09:34 AM
First let me say I'm not new and have been navigating this site for some time. I recently have discovered a problem and I'm looking to see if others are having the same issue.

When I'm in compatibility mode I can hit return and make paragraphs (spaces down between next sentence) but I can not post full size pics in this mode. This means when I insert a pic, I used to be able to double click the pic and make it full size before I submitted the post. I can't do this now, it will only come up as a thumbnail.

When I'm not in compatibility mode, I can post full size pics but I can not hit return at the end of a sentence to create a new paragraph......... I'm running Windows 7, and seems I now have Internet explore 10 (used to have IE9) and it ran perfectly until a month ago when IE10 was installed automaticly.
ANYBODY ????????????
I have been having some of the same issues with a new Lenovo laptop that came with Windows 8.

It had IE10 installed but it does not show up in either the Installed programs or Updates.

but... in the Programs and Features tab an optionfor Turn Windows features on or off there is a checkbox option for Internet Explorer 10.
When I unchecked this box, it uninstalled IE10 and rebooted with no IE to be found!

Now I am using Chrome entirely for a browser and everything seems to work great. Just have to keep fighting off Windows Update wanting to install IE10 plus they will soon be pushing IE11....

ProudTexson
08-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Try using Firefox