PDA

View Full Version : Signs

daddydarko
06-23-2008, 06:08 AM
After being asked "how fast is it?" a million times, I made the decision to take it to the local drag strip and find out. On my way to the track, some idiot drove me off the road and then had the nerve to give ME the bird!

I got back on the road and headed out again. I'm doing 70ish ;) on the freeway and a deer runs out in front of me! I laid on the horn and swerved just in time. Whew!

I finally reach the track! They're having drag bike races that day but everyone still wants to see the Spyder and what she can do. It's my turn so I drive up to the tree lined up against a Kawasaki. Everyone at the track was gathered along the fence. I counted at least three people with video cameras and many more with camera phones. My heart was racing and I was sweating like a ho in church. I rolled on the throttle a bit to warm my tires. Man, that Micron sounds angry! Any second now...

Rain. No more races. I tried telling the guy that I have TCS and anti-lock brakes but he was having none of it. I was clearly not meant to race that day. :(

mike3069
06-23-2008, 07:27 AM
:( Bummer! Would have loved to heard how much fun it was instead.

AMTJIM
06-23-2008, 08:49 AM
I was wondering if this may happen. Quads and SidexSides are street legal here and you still get a few problems of people yelling to get off the road, they either don't know or don't like to see them on the road. I question if your road hog thought you were on an ATV and he was doing the LEOs a favor.

tatt2r
06-23-2008, 10:23 AM
i drag raced a kid on a 600 ninja from one set of lights to next although i think top end he would have beaten me the spyder's traction control kicked in he sat at the lights spinning his tire i took off like a bullet ... he pulled up along side of me not knowing what to say nodded his head and then we turned our separate ways ..... it performed well ...girlfriend who was riding on the back of spyder wanted to choke me but even she said i knew you were going to do that .... and it was cool ..... i think i need to grow up .....

Trypod
06-23-2008, 10:26 AM
..... i think i need to grow up .....

Nope!!!!!!! I refuse. :bigthumbsup:

Sopher
06-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Nope!!!!!!! I refuse. :bigthumbsup:

"You're never too old to re-live your childhood." I try to every time chance I get!

pphantom538
06-23-2008, 10:07 PM
i think i need to grow up .....

I can deal with growing old, especially considering the alternative, but hope I never grow up!