PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in high gear

Y-me
07-29-2013, 10:32 PM
Hi all,

Interesting problem.
Ryding along on highway and found that the SE5 would not down shift. :shocked:
Fortunately enough traffic was light and I could match road speed until I came to my exit.
The semi-auto shifter did not downshift either.
I had a car behind me but quickly shut it down and brought it back up with the brake to see if it would drop it to neutral which it did not.
So I kind of rolled through and off to the side and shutdown.
Looked at the shifter arm and it seemed tight, tried the breakers that would most seem most liely involved and they looked fine.
Removed and reinserted the master relay though all of the relays seemed like they were good.
I did finally get it it to drop to neutral and shift again.
My theory is that removing and reinserting the master relay reset things.

Any advice, besides get a new Spyder?

Y

boborgera
07-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Check your oil level, The semi auto is very sensitive to low oil, Other than that it might just be a one time occurrence..:dontknow:

Y-me
08-03-2013, 09:00 AM
The oil looks okay.

I had it do the same thing the following day where it worked fine after a 30 minute highway trip and then stuck in 2nd.
I pulled and reinserted the relays again but this time pulled and reinserted MAIN1 and 2 instead of just 2.
The Spyder shifted back to neutral and has since behaved for the rest of the week. :dontknow:

Y

gene0108
08-04-2013, 09:53 AM
On the Wife's 2012 RT we just changed the Gear Position Sensor and a Valve Solenoid. Her bike was doing the same thing.

PaSpyderRyder
08-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Right after the owners event I had the same thing happen to my 2011 Rt , Had to have it towed to the local dealer. Turned out to be a nut came off the shift linkage.