PDA

View Full Version : Won two Chatterbox HJC 90s

bjt
06-22-2008, 09:55 PM
We had an auction at church today to raise money for the youth group. It was fun and I believe they raised a fair chunk of change. We were able to win two, new in the box, Chatterbox HJC 90s for $40. I haven't looked up the actual price of these units but I know that $40 for two was quite a deal. dltang and I think they will come in handy for quick trips where we might not want to get out and hook up our other system. Plus, we are still searching for the ideal system for us and these might give us a few more ideas or options. We'll let you know what we think of them after we get to try them out.

Lamonster
06-23-2008, 10:56 AM
:bigthumbsup:

BRPjunkie
06-23-2008, 09:43 PM
We used our HJC Chatterbox 90 units for ten years before we upgraded to the HJC FRS units. The only reason we changed is so we could talk to others in our group who had the FRS models. The 90 has a limited range of about 1/2 mile and the FRS are about 2 miles. We have both open face and full face helmets and the full face are much better. The VOX feature takes some getting used to as you have to wait when someone talks for their mike to close before you reply. There is a short delay and if you don't wait, you don't transmit. The push to talk button can be used if the VOX frustrates you.