PDA

View Full Version : F1 Windshield Question

lbarrios
06-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Does anyone know if the F1 Windshield can handle speeds above 75mph? Just curious. I really didn't see anything on their website...

bjt
06-22-2008, 09:01 PM
I can verify that both the F1 and the Evolution II can handle speeds of 90+ mph. ;D

Marcel July
06-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi there,
great question ! :bigthumbsup:
all our F1 Windshields are high-speed tested. In Europe they have what they call the "AUTOBAHN" it's kind like Highways but
there is NO speed limitation. So ,to combine the Speed what is frequently driven, we must make sure that the windshields also work
well in speed up to 125 mph. This is one major reason, why our F1 Design let us allow to manufacture "large" size windshields for the Spyders without creating to much "stress" on the bolds and fairing. Our Windshield- Design for Spyders will make sure that you do not risk a Windshield failure what can and will happend on "simple" straight extension Windshields without any curve's and waves in it.
We have tested almost 150 differend Windshield designs on Spyders alone and no other than our F1 design did "hold" , without stressing
screws and fairing and also without "bending/flexing" the Windshield in high speed. On top of that, we use ONLY high grate Material.
F1- Windshield Material meet the requirements of the
Federal Motor Vehicle Standard (FMVSS) and the "Safety Code" ANSI Z26.1 and DOT
If you have any question regarding our Windshields, please feel free to contact us at any time.
We took a lot of time and effort in the creation of the F1 Design and did not use a simple way to "just" make a larger Windshield.
It takes a lot of background research and development to understand what really happend on a Windshield and how a Windshield can and will effect the performance on today's "high end" Motorcycles such the BRP Spyders and you the pilot.
Thank you so much for this question and regards to all
TEAM F1- Marcel July

jeuchler
06-23-2008, 08:26 PM
I can verify that both the F1 and the Evolution II can handle speeds of 90+ mph. ;D

Um...100+.

(You know you did, Brian!) ;D

docdoru
06-23-2008, 08:48 PM
112...but don't tell the :cop: :bigthumbsup:

Marcel July
06-24-2008, 07:05 AM
Some how, Spyder Owners who get a F1 on there bike getting ;Dfaster.... ;D ;Dfaaster......
and ;D ;D ;D ;Dfaaaaaaaaaster............ ::)
Don't blame me, if you get a ticket.
Watch and Ryde Save.
Regards,
Marcel

bjt
06-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Some how, Spyder Owners who get a F1 on there bike getting ;D faster.... ;D ;D faaster......
and ;D ;D ;D ;D faaaaaaaaaster............ ::)

:nojoke: When I first installed my Evo II, I found my self easily going 20 mph over the limit. I was used to the "wind on my chest" speed feedback and without that wind, I found my self going faster.