PDA

View Full Version : 2010 RS SE5 won't start

kyspydergal
07-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Battery shows fully charged. Lights come on but the ABS and the skid light underneath the ABS light stays on. Also the parking brake light stays on even with the brake released. When you put your foot on the break the lights all go out and engine will not crank. Any suggestions?

Wiredux
07-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Are there any codes that are given? Also check to make sure you have not blown a fuse.

kyspydergal
07-28-2013, 11:46 AM
I know I read somewhere how to check the codes on an RS but I can't find it now. There were no codes scrolling across the screen when trying to start. I'll check the fuses when I get back home this afternoon.

DaDrkmysta
07-28-2013, 12:41 PM
I know I read somewhere how to check the codes on an RS but I can't find it now. There were no codes scrolling across the screen when trying to start. I'll check the fuses when I get back home this afternoon.

If you have a battery charger, let the battery completely drain then charge it. Somehow this works not sure why but it worked for me.

NancysToy
07-28-2013, 01:13 PM
How do you know the battery is charged? Just because the lights come on doesn't mean the battery has enough voltage. Check with a voltmeter or chrage the battery. The symptoms you report are typical low battery/poor connection symptoms. Also check that the rear frame ground (negative jump start terminal under the seat, is tight.

kyspydergal
07-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Charged the battery and after 2-3 minutes the charger read "fully charged".

DaDrkmysta
07-28-2013, 03:01 PM

I had the same sypmtoms and i left the bike in the "on" position and came on to SL trying to do some research on how to get the error codes to work. When I came back the battery was completely drained. I proceed to put it on the charger... about two hours later came back and checked... and bike started right up.. no fault codes or anything. Not sure this is any help but it worked for me, so I'm just sharing my two cents worth.

kyspydergal
07-28-2013, 03:17 PM

DaDrkmysta
07-28-2013, 03:24 PM

Leave Bike in the on position and let it drain completely.. then charge it ... just a thought and since you don't have alot of other options it's worth the try.