PDA

View Full Version : My back HURTS

Smylinacha
06-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Well today hubby put the :spyder: back together (I have a name for her but can't post it since there's a swear word involved).

Weather was weird but we wanted to make sure it road okay. So I had to go to the store and I wanted him to test ride it cuz he romps on the thing. I can't romp on it like he does. So off we go to the store, he didn't wanna come back home - sky was getting dark. We stayed out until there was no blue sky left and headed for home. Well we were at the end of this street by our house and he says, "Wonder if this thing will do a burnout w/ you on the back?" 8)

So I said sure - go ahead but as he started, I wasn't ready so he went for the burn out - it burned alright :bigthumbsup: - I grabbed the rails last minute and something went in my back! But IT WAS WORTH IT :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Came home, went on the couch with ice and I'm good to go again! :doorag:

dltang
06-22-2008, 05:55 PM
OOUCH!!! I hope you didn't wrench anything too bad. I am glad you had fun though and have your spyder back together.

Trypod
06-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Showed my wife this post. She started in, "you would do something like that to me..."......lol One of these days, I'll at least talk her into going for a short ride, (come tho think of it, the last "short" ride i talked her into, ended up a day trip to daytona and back).......more thought about my next way to convince her is in order. :joke: Hope the back feels better and glad ya'll had fun. :bigthumbsup: keep on spyderin!!!!! :spyder:

Roaddog2
06-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Well today hubby put the :spyder: back together (I have a name for her but can't post it since there's a swear word involved).

Weather was weird but we wanted to make sure it road okay. So I had to go to the store and I wanted him to test ride it cuz he romps on the thing. I can't romp on it like he does. So off we go to the store, he didn't wanna come back home - sky was getting dark. We stayed out until there was no blue sky left and headed for home. Well we were at the end of this street by our house and he says, "Wonder if this thing will do a burnout w/ you on the back?" 8)

So I said sure - go ahead but as he started, I wasn't ready so he went for the burn out - it burned alright :bigthumbsup: - I grabbed the rails last minute and something went in my back! But IT WAS WORTH IT :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Roaddog2
06-22-2008, 06:52 PM

:spyder: work as a Team he can use you as a counterweight and eventualey Turn that burn into a Wheeley :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Smylinacha
06-22-2008, 08:35 PM
:spyder: work as a Team he can use you as a counterweight and eventualey Turn that burn into a Wheeley :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

;DWell I am sure if anyone is gonna do a wheelie on this thing - it's gonna be you or him. He's already talking about wheeling the Glide - it can be done I bet!

Smylinacha
06-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Yeah no more sitting on the back for burn outs. Next time I'M DOING THE DARN BURN! I will be learning next weekend - I was watching to see what he was doing and wasn't holding on LOL! All I saw was he totally dumped the clutch - that can't be hard. I did a skid unintentionally yesterday - we were at this place eating and it's a gravel driveway on a hill to get out and I was turning and trying to get up and out onto the main road and I did a "mini" unintentional one and I thought - Jeez, that was fun so now I'm looking forward to many burnouts to come!

tatt2r
06-23-2008, 10:30 AM
just a bit of a word to the wise ... i was at my dealer the other day there was a spyder taken apart the guy who bought it was doing burnouts with it at murtle beach blew the clutch and some how took out the motor .... $7700.00 to replace it also back tire is about $150.00 ... just thought i'd throw that at you....

NancysToy
06-23-2008, 11:45 AM
just a bit of a word to the wise ... i was at my dealer the other day there was a spyder taken apart the guy who bought it was doing burnouts with it at murtle beach blew the clutch and some how took out the motor .... $7700.00 to replace it also back tire is about $150.00 ... just thought i'd throw that at you....

Second one I have heard about. Breaks up the clutch housing, then the pieces block the oil passages, taking the rest of the engine, from what I heard before.
-Scotty

Smylinacha
06-23-2008, 02:41 PM

Ouch! I hope Roaddog2 is reading this! Thx for the info!