PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to play an IPod on my STS that doesn't have a radio

barb22c
07-27-2013, 10:05 PM
How can I play my IPod on my STS, I don't like using ear buds ? Is there any way to add speakers and an iPod cable? I don't care about adding the option to turn the volum up and down, I can do that on the IPod, I just want to get the music to the speakers (that I add). I really don't want to pay & $850 for the Can Am radio plus the cost of installation just to play my Ipod while I ride, but I love to listen to music while I ride.

Motorcycledave
07-28-2013, 11:41 AM
OK here is what I do and it works.... I do not have a radio on my Spyder but I can and do listen
to what ever I want, anytime right inside my helmet.... If you get the SMH10 blue tooth unit
and pair it with your iPod-iPhone you can listen to whatever you have on it music and such
If the phone rings it mutes the music and after the call the music comes back..give it a try
and NO ear buds. speakers are installed into your helmet you will love it .
I have them on sale RIGHT NOW for way less than that $850. they start at $ 159.95 give me a call....
Dave
:thumbup:

How can I play my IPod on my STS, I don't like using ear buds ? Is there any way to add speakers and an iPod cable? I don't care about adding the option to turn the volum up and down, I can do that on the IPod, I just want to get the music to the speakers (that I add). I really don't want to pay & $850 for the Can Am radio plus the cost of installation just to play my Ipod while I ride, but I love to listen to music while I ride.

Bob Denman
07-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Don't they have some sort of IPod Docking station available? :dontknow:
Something that had a volume control that you could access, and charging capability for the IPod would seem pretty nice!

Osros
08-04-2013, 02:34 PM
OK here is what I do and it works.... I do not have a radio on my Spyder but I can and do listen
to what ever I want, anytime right inside my helmet.... If you get the SMH10 blue tooth unit
and pair it with your iPod-iPhone you can listen to whatever you have on it music and such
If the phone rings it mutes the music and after the call the music comes back..give it a try
and NO ear buds. speakers are installed into your helmet you will love it .
I have them on sale RIGHT NOW for way less than that $850. they start at $ 159.95 give me a call....
Dave
:thumbup:

Yup I agree, great device. I use it with my iPhone works well, good audio, and just does everything. I need to decide on another for my second helmet..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Magdave
08-04-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't use the SMH10 blue tooth I have a Chinese set that does the same thing you can even use the GPS on an iPhone/Android and it will cut the music for directions and resume. It also lets you twist the knob to raise and lower the volume as well as intercom functions.