PDA

View Full Version : Need help removing Multifunction Gauge Cluster on 2013 RSS

gimpygary62
07-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Has anyone had any experience with removing the gauge assembly on a 2013 RSS? There are two tabs you can push in at the top and the top tips out easily but the bottom still acts like it's attached. I'm installing the new amber blinker kit from Tricled and they're telling me I need to tie into the power wire of the blinker. Removing the gauge cluster seems to be the path of least resistance.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated I really don't want to break anything.:banghead:
gary

DrewNJ
07-27-2013, 05:33 PM
assuming the 2013 is the same as my 2012 it's a tight fit. Keep tilting the top out. You kinda have to pull the top out and down (rotate it). It will drag and be kinda tight as the top/back of the cluster clears the top of the dash hole.
Going back in is the same way and just as tight. :thumbup:

gimpygary62
08-02-2013, 02:53 PM
assuming the 2013 is the same as my 2012 it's a tight fit. Keep tilting the top out. You kinda have to pull the top out and down (rotate it). It will drag and be kinda tight as the top/back of the cluster clears the top of the dash hole.
Going back in is the same way and just as tight. :thumbup:

You were on the money. No extra tabs or anything on the newer model. Just the two up top. Thanks very much for the post as it gave me enough confidence to go ahead and make the attempt.

DrewNJ
08-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Cool! Glad to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chupaca
08-02-2013, 03:03 PM
glad you got it out. Good luck with the installing of your amber kit. Pic's when your done..!! :thumbup: