PDA

View Full Version : Queston on the comfort seat.

Ex-Rocket
07-27-2013, 11:08 AM
I know some of the RT owners have gone to the comfort seat and wanted to ask those that have gone to this seat, how many of you usually ride by yourself or have a partner that rides with you? I was just wondering how much seating area that the comfort seat takes away from the passengers area? I just figured it did since the driver now has about 2 inches further back when he sits down. Thanks

finless
07-27-2013, 12:29 PM
The passenger looses about 2.5 inches.

See this info here from the Utopia site.

http://utpr.com/spyderrtcomfort.html

Bob

cuznjohn
07-27-2013, 12:32 PM
on my rt i went with the comfort seat and i love it but when i ride i am by myself but i can always slid forward if i get a passenger

Followme2DQ
07-27-2013, 12:56 PM
I believe you can get a thinner passenger back rest to gain back the last room. Pretty sure I saw them Ebay. I got the comfort seat and love it, but my wife is only 5'2" and 104 lbs, so she actually feels more secure with me being back further.

Bob Denman
07-27-2013, 01:56 PM
...But for those of who have Navigators that are :shocked:... not tiny; this seat might not be a viable option! :gaah:

ARtraveler
07-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Same info here. Riding two up did not work well for me or passenger--that's why I ended up getting akspyderlady her very own.

The comfort seat is an improvement over the OEM for sure as far as comfort on longer rides goes--IMO--one up.

We are plus size.

Ex-Rocket
07-27-2013, 05:21 PM
My wife isn't a plus size, she is 5' 5" and really don't know her weight but I would guess around 150. We both have gained a few pounds over the years. Been married 33 years now, just more of her to love though. So I don't know if I did purchase a comfort seat if she would be right against me or not. I guess I could get her to sit on the original seat and measure from the front of the seat to where she is positioned and see where the 18 inches comes up to her position on the seat. Another question about the comfort seat. Doesn't the stock seat have a passenger sensor somewhere in the seat that detects a passenger is riding or not? If it does, does the comfort seat have the same sensor in it?

Blue Star
07-27-2013, 05:49 PM
My wife isn't a plus size, she is 5' 5" and really don't know her weight but I would guess around 150. We both have gained a few pounds over the years. Been married 33 years now, just more of her to love though. So I don't know if I did purchase a comfort seat if she would be right against me or not. I guess I could get her to sit on the original seat and measure from the front of the seat to where she is positioned and see where the 18 inches comes up to her position on the seat. Another question about the comfort seat. Doesn't the stock seat have a passenger sensor somewhere in the seat that detects a passenger is riding or not? If it does, does the comfort seat have the same sensor in it?

Don't know about the RT, but on the RS you move the sensor over from the OEM to the Comfort seat. I would assume it is the same for the RT on the two seats.

finless
07-27-2013, 05:56 PM
You have to move all the hardware (sensor, etc) from the original seat to the comfort seat. It's not a big deal.

Bob

DoggyDaddy
07-28-2013, 12:53 AM

My wife is about the same size as yours and we just switched over to the Ultimate Seat (tallboy model) for more room for me! She initially thought the loss of appx. 2" would be a problem but after several rides she has no issues whatsoever. We got the Passenger backrest as well as the rider backrest. She actually likes having the rider backrest in front of her since it kinda holds her in place better. She also likes the storage pouch on the backrest for her cell phone, gum, etc. As equipped the seat was $1,000.00 but I think it was well worth it. The vinyl covering the seat seems thicker and more durable than the Can-Am seat although I'm not sure that's a big deal.

Chupaca
07-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Speaking strictly RS I switched to the comfort seat and my wife loves it. She sit a bit higher 72564 and no longer leans forward. 72563

SPYDERFUZZ
08-09-2013, 01:18 PM
I guess I must have a hard butt because I don't have a problem with the RT seat. I do wish it was a couple inches longer but that's always been my problem (since I bought my bike).