PDA

View Full Version : Guaranteed to Stop Belt Flap Vibration

Air Wing Guy
07-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Baker Built Air Wings has recently developed a new Belt Stabilizer that is guaranteed to solve your Vibration Problem or you can return it for a full refund. It sells for $195.00 and can be installed in about 5-10 minutes. I recently installed one on under 3 minutes. All Baker Built Air Wing Products come with a 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee and a 1 year warranty on all parts & Labor.

Sincerely,
Bruce L Baker

lookerjdc
07-26-2013, 02:40 PM
I had it installed at spyderfest and it removed ALL my vibrations at various speeds and rpms now I have good, good, good vibrations....

finless
07-26-2013, 05:17 PM
I have to ask though. Since the belt adjustment is so critical, wont this thing make the belt too tight? What about warranty issues should there be a problem? I could see a dealer saying, "your not covered with this thing on". And what I mean by that is if the belt is too tight you will ruin the shaft bearing on the motor which is costly to fix.

Bob

lookerjdc
07-26-2013, 05:33 PM
its a variable tenson

widowmaker2011
07-26-2013, 10:06 PM
In regards to the question about over tightening the belt, this product does not tighten the belt per se, it just takes the vibration that is naturally occurring in our belts, and lets the vibration be absorbed through the tensioner instead of being transmitted through our primary drive sprocket. It is a simple but brilliant idea and have not heard of anybody that has installed this, that hasn't had the vibration completely go away.:):thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Air Wing Guy
08-02-2013, 10:37 AM
I have to ask though. Since the belt adjustment is so critical, wont this thing make the belt too tight? What about warranty issues should there be a problem? I could see a dealer saying, "your not covered with this thing on". And what I mean by that is if the belt is too tight you will ruin the shaft bearing on the motor which is costly to fix.

Bob
Hello Bob,
Since the Belt Stabilizer only puts 8-10 lbs of pressure it does not increase overall belt tightness.
It only stops the belt from flapping on the bottom, Or loose side of the belt.
This belt Flap is what causes the vibration that you feel.

One of Indiana's Largest Can-Am Dealers,
RT Sales in Zulu Indiana installs these belt stabilizers on most of the Spyders that he sells.
They are convinced that they are very beneficial.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

-Bruce

DriftersWay
08-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Where are these listed on your web site. I could not find them.

DriftersWay
08-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Where are these listed on your web site. I could not find them.

Figures I make this post and then find it. Ordering it now :)

cyclelover63
08-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Hi Bruce...If the cylinder wears our over time,or another part fails out of warranty,can a person buy individual pieces since they won't need everything?...Thanks

Biggdogg22
08-08-2013, 06:40 AM
Baker Built Air Wings has recently developed a new Belt Stabilizer that is guaranteed to solve your Vibration Problem or you can return it for a full refund. It sells for $195.00 and can be installed in about 5-10 minutes. I recently installed one on under 3 minutes. All Baker Built Air Wing Products come with a 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee and a 1 year warranty on all parts & Labor.

Sincerely,
Bruce L Baker

Will it work on 2013 RT models?

cyclelover63
08-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Hi Bruce...If the cylinder wears our over time,or another part fails out of warranty,can a person buy individual pieces since they won't need everything?...Thanks

:popcorn:

WvTomCat
08-22-2013, 07:08 PM
I have the Spyderpops missing belt guard installed. If I install the Baker Built belt tensioner will it interfere with the belt guard? Will they work together? I assume at the maximum I would have to trim the belt guard a little, but I would hate to purchase the tensioner and have it not work. Any information on this setup would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom

OldCowboy
08-22-2013, 10:11 PM
Will it work on 2013 RT models?

According to Brooke at Baker Built, the answer is yes.

DriftersWay
08-23-2013, 06:19 AM
I have just installed both the belt tensioner and the missing belt guard on my 2012 RT and there is no interferance

WvTomCat
08-23-2013, 04:28 PM
I have just installed both the belt tensioner and the missing belt guard on my 2012 RT and there is no interferance

Thanks, I'll put a belt tensioner on order.