PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Lid Strut

Desert Spyder
07-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Has anyone ever changed the strut on their rear trunk lid strut? Looks like a pain. (What a surprise)

JCSMOKE
07-26-2013, 05:11 PM
I didn't change it out, but I did add an extra one. It gets a little fiddly with the pins, but easy enough. There are 3 screws in the trunk that hold the passenger back rest in place, pull those and then remove the back rest. From there you should be fine.

SpyderAnn01
07-26-2013, 06:39 PM
I never changed mine but I did always make sure my fingers were safe before I took my hand off the lid. :roflblack:

Desert Spyder
07-27-2013, 08:43 PM
I didn't change it out, but I did add an extra one. It gets a little fiddly with the pins, but easy enough. There are 3 screws in the trunk that hold the passenger back rest in place, pull those and then remove the back rest. From there you should be fine.

You added an extra one? Where did you get the strut?

Two things I learned to carry in my RS, a rock and a stick. The rock to block the wheels nd a stick to hold up the seat. When I put the Utopia backrest on I regretted not keeping the stick. But a thread came up covering this exact subject and I got a new strut. Now I need "The Stick" to hold open the trunk lid.

Bob Denman
07-28-2013, 07:02 AM
"A rock and a stick..." :thumbup:
I just carry a handgun and chapstick... :roflblack:

fyrertuck
07-28-2013, 07:09 AM
:chat: :shocked: