PDA

View Full Version : Glo in the dark paint?

General Unrest
06-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Any one use it yet on their bike?

Danimal
06-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Is it legal?

theRED1
06-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Haven't even seen it.

hevnbound
06-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Haven't even seen it.

FIRST .. RED1 - Did you ever install the horn? How did it go?

SECOND ... Saw a Valkyrie painted entirely in the glow in the dark paint. AWESOME at night. Looked pretty good in the daylight also. It was on a dealers floor as a trade in. Dealer sales rep said it was a House of Colors paint job and cost over $3,000!?!

Motza
06-22-2008, 01:34 PM
You can paint it yourself, or use an auto paint shop.
The manufacturer of the paint gives you all the instructions for application and what type of spray nozzel to use. They have customer service techs that you can call if you have questions.
Several different colors, blue, green ,yellow, red, orange, pink, etc...the glow will last from 15 minutes up to 12 hours after being exposed to ultra violet light from the sun . Charging up the paint only takes 15 minutes for a full charge in the sun or even on a cloudy day. The Blue color for instance will show up as white during the day.
The paint comes in pre-mixed cans, you or your local auto body shop spray it on, and apply the clear lacquer finish. (Available also in spraypaint cans)
There's also another company that manufactures a "Thermal Color Changing Paint" (changes color at different tempertures)
If anyone has an interest let me know and I'll post the websites.

Roaddog2
06-22-2008, 07:15 PM
:spyder: How many millarems does it give off do you have to wear Dosimeitre just kidding please post links :spyder:

Smylinacha
06-22-2008, 08:30 PM
:spyder: How many millarems does it give off do you have to wear Dosimeitre just kidding please post links :spyder:

Hey, can I have what you smoked today? :a20:

pphantom538
06-22-2008, 10:03 PM
You can paint it yourself, or use an auto paint shop.
The manufacturer of the paint gives you all the instructions for application and what type of spray nozzel to use. They have customer service techs that you can call if you have questions.
Several different colors, blue, green ,yellow, red, orange, pink, etc...the glow will last from 2 hours up to 6 hours after being exposed to ultra violet light from the sun . Charging up the paint only takes 15 minutes for a full charge in the sun or even on a cloudy day. The Blue color for instance will show up as white during the day.
The paint comes in pre-mixed cans, you or your local auto body shop spray it on, and apply the clear lacquer finish. (Available also in spraypaint cans)
There's also another company that manufactures a "Thermal Color Changing Paint" (changes color at different tempertures)
If anyone has an interest let me know and I'll post the websites.

curious about colr changing & would love it if they had one that changed from black cherry to fire red. Probably to much of a variance though.

theRED1
06-22-2008, 10:16 PM
FIRST .. RED1 - Did you ever install the horn? How did it go?

I did install the horn. I have pictures of the install and will post them when I find out where I put them :-[
I had to find a mounting position with the horn facing into the Spyder, so I don't think it is as loud as it could be however. Friends who have heard it does say that it is a lot louder than before. I guess I was expecting a more pronounced blast.

Motza
06-22-2008, 10:27 PM
That type of color change can be achieved with a product called Chameleon Paint

pphantom538
06-22-2008, 10:40 PM
That type of color change can be achieved with a product called Chameleon Paint

THank you. Think I'll do some reseach

Motza
06-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Chameleon paint, is an angle dependent optical shift paint (try saying that 5 times, I had a hard enough time typing it) meaning the color that you see will be dependent on the viewing angle.
To learn more check out the following web-sites
Chameleon Paint web site, www.kustomrides.com

Glow in the Dark paint, www.glowinc.com
www.glonation.com

Thermal Heat Reaction paint, www.alsacorp.com

Regards, Motza
PS...Show your photos to everyone if you use these paints.

pphantom538
06-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks. Will re-paint when I get my machine. These are very interesting options.

Motza
06-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks. Will re-paint when I get my machine. These are very interesting options.

Which type are you thinking of using?

pphantom538
06-22-2008, 11:06 PM
to soon to tell, but would like a deep black cherry base which shows red in sunlight.

AMTJIM
06-23-2008, 10:36 PM
If I remember right, the glow in the dark stuff has a short life span...the glow function quits working, can't remember if the paint color dies too.