PDA

View Full Version : I now have HID lights and.... my spyder runs!!!

ARCTIC
07-25-2013, 06:41 PM
This is episode 2 following this thread:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?53543-Installed-HID-lights-and-spyder-went-CRAZY!!!

I decided I REALLY REALLY wanted reliable HID lights because there are deer everywhere around here so maximum light output is a necessity. I did some digging and miraculously found a can-am dealer closing out their stock in factory BRP kits. I was all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake. It actually proved to be a legit deal and they arrived at my house. I installed them today and they work great AND.......my bike runs!!!!! :yes:

Big Arm
07-25-2013, 06:54 PM
:clap::clap::clap::thumbup:

Chupaca
07-25-2013, 06:59 PM
the most important part is that it runs with no codes, orange light, limp home's etc. Congrats..!! :2thumbs:

GadgetGuy442
07-25-2013, 07:09 PM
What dealer was it? Think they've got RT HID kits available?

Bill

ARCTIC
07-25-2013, 07:15 PM
What dealer was it? Think they've got RT HID kits available?

Bill

I actually asked and the parts manager told me they only had the gs/rs . They don't order rt ones because they weren't selling the rs kits. Mine had some dust on it when it arrived.:coffee:

GadgetGuy442
07-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Thanks.... Nice find! Quite a bargain you landed!!

Bill

DrewNJ
07-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Mmmm....I like cupcakes too! Haha...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARCTIC
07-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Mmmm....I like cupcakes too! Haha...

I was VERY impressed with the quality of the components especially how well the lightbulbs fasten in instead of the crappy clip the H7 bulbs use. :2thumbs: Have you done a night ride with yours yet?

DrewNJ
07-25-2013, 08:23 PM
I was VERY impressed with the quality of the components especially how well the lightbulbs fasten in instead of the crappy clip the H7 bulbs use. :2thumbs: Have you done a night ride with yours yet?

Nope, haven't ridden it yet. I've lit up the dark garage and the difference is huge!
It is a very nice well built headlight kit. Much nicer than trying to retrofit odds and ends misc parts into the halogen housing to make some generic HIDs work.
Also, not having to worry about the operation of the Spyder throwing a fit is totally the icing on the cupcake!

ARCTIC
07-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Nope, haven't ridden it yet. I've lit up the dark garage and the difference is huge!
It is a very nice well built headlight kit. Much nicer than trying to retrofit odds and ends misc parts into the halogen housing to make some generic HIDs work.
Also, not having to worry about the operation of the Spyder throwing a fit is totally the icing on the cupcake!

AGREED!!!! Only trouble I had was the 12 v outlet was installed in the wrong place so I had to get rid of it because it hit the ignitor box

Flanker
07-26-2013, 06:26 AM
This is episode 2 following this thread:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?53543-Installed-HID-lights-and-spyder-went-CRAZY!!!

I decided I REALLY REALLY wanted reliable HID lights because there are deer everywhere around here so maximum light output is a necessity. I did some digging and miraculously found a can-am dealer closing out their stock in factory BRP kits for $349.99!!!! I was all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake. It actually proved to be a legit deal and they arrived at my house. I installed them today and they work great AND.......my bike runs!!!!! :yes:

Lucky dog! On both the price break and the fact your ride is still running :bowdown: (after reading several of the "I've added HIDs and can't get up" ;) stories here).

ARCTIC
07-29-2013, 09:58 PM

billrob71
07-31-2013, 09:18 PM
Do they have any more and do you have a link?

ARCTIC
08-01-2013, 10:51 PM
I got an official sign that my headlights are brighter. An oncomming car flashed their brights at me while I had my dim lights on.... and then as I was meeting them they had their arm out the window with the middle finger extended. I think they approve of my lights :roflblack:

DrewNJ
08-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Haha!...

NancysToy
08-02-2013, 06:33 AM
I got an official sign that my headlights are brighter. An oncomming car flashed their brights at me while I had my dim lights on.... and then as I was meeting them they had their arm out the window with the middle finger extended. I think they approve of my lights :roflblack:

They probably thought you were repeatedly flashing your headlights at them. Running with high beams in the daytime will help prevent that effect. If it was nighttime, you need to lower the aim on your headlights.

Bob Denman
08-02-2013, 07:19 AM
I remember when you were having some difficulties getting HIDs to work; the details have slipped into the foggy recesses though! :opps:
I'm assuming that your original efforts weren't centered around the BRP kit? :dontknow:

:congrats:

Flanker
08-02-2013, 08:14 AM

Nice! You da man!

ARCTIC
08-02-2013, 08:38 AM
They probably thought you were repeatedly flashing your headlights at them. Running with high beams in the daytime will help prevent that effect. If it was nighttime, you need to lower the aim on your headlights.
It was at night and I could clearly see their arm & finger.:roflblack: I do need to lower them or stiffen up my rear shock

I remember when you were having some difficulties getting HIDs to work; the details have slipped into the foggy recesses though! :opps:
I'm assuming that your original efforts weren't centered around the BRP kit? :dontknow:

:congrats:
Originally had a aftermarket kit. Then found this kit and switched gears

ARCTIC
08-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Just to clarify, pissing people off was not my goal but prior to installing these lights, I ALWAYS left my lights on bright and NEVER had any retaliation from oncoming vehicles. The arm out the window response was a first for me. Ever. Both my girlfriend and I busted out laughing it was pretty redneck to just throw the bird like that:roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-02-2013, 11:32 AM
At least you know that you're definitely "Number One" in his heart! :roflblack: