PDA

View Full Version : non-forward sloping seat...

bone crusher
07-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Does anyone know if the ST seat sits straighter in comparison to the comfort seat? I have a 2008 GS/RS and love it...but with long trips, the forward sloping seat is very uncomfortable. I'm not really interested in a corbin or 1000.00 seat...just wondering if the ST or similar can do the job easily...

thanks everyone...

DrewNJ
07-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Slightly, very slightly...but not much straighter. The STS seat is softer and maintains the flat part of the seat further up than the comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bone crusher
07-26-2013, 09:06 AM
Slightly, very slightly...but not much straighter. The STS seat is softer and maintains the flat part of the seat further up than the comfort.

In your opinion, is it more comfortable? I get my 'manhood' squashed under me with the forward sloping seat...on long trips, it's very uncomfortable. If the seat was straighter, softer, etc...it would probably protect against that. Plus, I'd figure the STS seat would fit on the GS/RS as they're still on the same platform....

Thoughts?

DrewNJ
07-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Yes, they are interchangeable and the STS seat IMHO is WAY more comfortable than the comfort seat. Personally, I had no issues riding 300 miles or so on the STS seat before getting to uncomfortable where I struggled at the 100 mile mark with the comfort.

bone crusher
07-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Yes, they are interchangeable and the STS seat IMHO is WAY more comfortable than the comfort seat. Personally, I had no issues riding 300 miles or so on the STS seat before getting to uncomfortable where I struggled at the 100 mile mark with the comfort.

That's a huge endorsement and that was what I needed to hear. I also figure the STS seat is far less on the wallet as opposed to Corbin and other customs...thank you for your input...

coz
07-26-2013, 04:34 PM
That's a huge endorsement and that was what I needed to hear. I also figure the STS seat is far less on the wallet as opposed to Corbin and other customs...thank you for your input...
have you thought of having your seat remodeled? the forward pitch can be removed very easily . any automotive type upholstery shop could do it. i did mine on my original stock seat with an electric knife. turned out pretty good. back burnered the project when i got the comfort seat. back burnered the comfort seat when i got drew nj 's st seat. st seat is more comfortable for my fat butt:roflblack:. anybody looking for a comfort seat? send pm. the st seat definately has less forward pitch.:thumbup:

Motorcycledave
07-28-2013, 01:25 PM
HOWDY
I just had to chime in on this... I am a custom seat builder, have been one for 40 years, I have been
riding for over 56 years so I know about bike seats.... for some reason, the makers of bike seats tend to
make them ALL slope forward and to me... that sucks it runs your junk right into the tank.
For years I have taken hundreds of stock seats and reshaped them to slop to the back and in some have
added GEL for more comfort.. Just recently I bought USED on this forum, Corbin seat that I planned on
removing the upholstery and doing some custom work to, it is a 2 part seat the front part will tilt up for
access to the gas filler while the back part stays put so the passenger does not
have to get off to fill the tank. I thought this was a fantastic idea that the Corbin company came up with but
there is one BIG problem:yikes:... if you are tall I am 6'2" this seat is useless, it puts you so far forward it makes
it hard to access the brake pedal because of the seating position and long legs. SO if you are tall I would look for a different option. I will most likely be selling this Corbin seat soon, unless I can come up with a solution.
Hope this info help you and others.
Dave

Does anyone know if the ST seat sits straighter in comparison to the comfort seat? I have a 2008 GS/RS and love it...but with long trips, the forward sloping seat is very uncomfortable. I'm not really interested in a corbin or 1000.00 seat...just wondering if the ST or similar can do the job easily...

thanks everyone...

spydaman60
07-28-2013, 03:45 PM
it's not a grand, but it's $700 or so, but the ultimate seat can be made anyway you like it by just calling them and explaining your situation. my wife didn't like how she was always sliding down towards me when I applied the brakes and I didn't like sliding onto the tank. they built me one with extra forward padding on both the passenger and the operators seat. I love it and would have to say it's the best money I've spent on the machine by far!!!:thumbup:

DrewNJ
07-28-2013, 05:10 PM
HOWDY
I just had to chime in on this... I am a custom seat builder, have been one for 40 years, I have been
riding for over 56 years so I know about bike seats.... for some reason, the makers of bike seats tend to
make them ALL slope forward and to me... that sucks it runs your junk right into the tank.
For years I have taken hundreds of stock seats and reshaped them to slop to the back and in some have
added GEL for more comfort.. Just recently I bought USED on this forum, Corbin seat that I planned on
removing the upholstery and doing some custom work to, it is a 2 part seat the front part will tilt up for
access to the gas filler while the back part stays put so the passenger does not
have to get off to fill the tank. I thought this was a fantastic idea that the Corbin company came up with but
there is one BIG problem:yikes:... if you are tall I am 6'2" this seat is useless, it puts you so far forward it makes
it hard to access the brake pedal because of the seating position and long legs. SO if you are tall I would look for a different option. I will most likely be selling this Corbin seat soon, unless I can come up with a solution.
Hope this info help you and others.
Dave

I love the features of the Corbin especially the gas door. It's a pretty heavy duty solid seat. Leather work is nice.
Figure out a way for us to move it back, lose the passenger area slope to keep the wife off my back, and soften it up a bit! Work your magic Dave!! :thumbup: