PDA

View Full Version : Tripple Play Question - Components

rsuthers
06-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Does anyone know what the component is that is on the other side of the Tripple Play module (opposite end of harness)? Do you just wrap that up against the module when you tie it to the harness? What did everyone else do?

Thanks

bjt
06-21-2008, 12:12 PM
He sends a load resistor that is needed for the Genesis pucks to work properly. That small black module plugs into the Triple Play controller (the red module) and all of it got bundled up neatly and cable tied to one of the larger BRP wiring harnesses under the tailpiece area.

Rando
06-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Did anyone do a photo pictorial with text on how to install the Triple Play?

bjt
06-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Did anyone do a photo pictorial with text on how to install the Triple Play?

Sorry but we didn't think to do that. Really, the instructions that come with it are very clear and the install is very easy. I don't recall any time where I was trying to decipher what the instructions were trying to tell me as I was doing the install.

The one tip I would give anyone doing this is concerning the Genesis puck LEDs. The wires coming from the Genesis puck have two tabs the plug into the female BRP connectors that go to the turn signal light socket. I had a couple of those tabs not want to stay in the socket when it was inserted. They seemed very loose fitting. I noticed that the heat shrink tubing that covered the solder joint on the tab was a bit long, covering part of the tab. That prevented the tab from going into the socket far enough to "lock in". I trimmed the heat shrink back to the beginning of the flat part of the tab with an Exacto knife and then they fit snugly.

Magic Man
06-23-2008, 07:34 AM
I think Lamonster has just done an install photo shoot he should be posting real soon.

MM