PDA

View Full Version : Engine

myronmathis
07-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Question. I put my 2011 RSS in the shop back in June, the diagnosis was the engine is damaged beyond repair. BRP is covering the engine under warranty but they won't be able to deliver the engine until October. Should I request a loaner from BRP? I am having Spyder withdrawls and need to ride.

grumpybob
07-24-2013, 05:02 PM
try talking to the dealer you are using and see if they have a demo Spyder you can use.

SPYD3R
07-24-2013, 05:12 PM
SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG WITH THIS STORY..... :lecturef_smilie:
OCTOBER...?????????????? SERIOUSLY....! ! ! :yikes:

there is ZERO reason why they can't have an engine from the Atlanta warehouse at your dealer within 2 days...

i'd raise HOLY HELL if i were you... :cus: :cus: :cus: this is beyond the pale...
bad, BAD SERVICE on somebodies part....

SQUEAKY WHEELS GETS THE OIL.... start squeaking pal... :helpsmilie:

myronmathis
07-24-2013, 05:15 PM
I notice that you live in SC; do you wear a helmet when you ride up there?

there is ZERO reason why they can't have an engine from the Atlanta warehouse at your dealer within 2 days...

i'd raise HOLY HELL if i were you... :cus: :cus: :cus: this is beyond the pale...

Chupaca
07-24-2013, 05:17 PM
does seem a long time to get you an engine. But you should check with them as to keeping you on the road or make the payments for you...go for it the worst they can say is no..!! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
07-24-2013, 05:20 PM
October seems a little long to me also. Is this the dealer or BRP giving you the information? Maybe the dealer is looking for a winter project?

Seriously, I would use the trust but verify method here. You must have a case # going with BRP. A friendly call to them to verify what is going on seem in order to me--IMO.

Bob Denman
07-24-2013, 05:26 PM
:agree: Call BRP once you have that case #.
Explain that our riding seasons don't last forever. If they can't get you an engine sooner; perhaps they should replace the bike... :thumbup:

jerpinoy
07-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Sorry to hear that, You better rattle some noise Why does it take that long?:banghead:

SpyderAnn01
07-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Bug the heck out of somebody to find out why they want you to wait that long. The engine will most likely be a 2014 at that time. Call BRP everyday until you get an answer that you can live with.

SpyderRx
07-24-2013, 08:23 PM
So if he does wait until October and gets a 2014 engine will it be the new 1800cc engine??:dontknow::popcorn:

billrob71
07-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Call customer service there no reason to take that long you could walk to Canada and back carrying a motor and make it back before that time frame. :banghead:

Dizneyman
07-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Just curious...how many miles on the engine, and what were you doing when she failed?

myronmathis
07-25-2013, 11:58 AM
there is 26k on the engine and I was in route to work on the interstate running 70 MPH and she shuit down on me.
Just curious...how many miles on the engine, and what were you doing when she failed?

wyliec
07-25-2013, 03:31 PM
I hope they are extending your warranty for all the months without the spyder, if it won't be until October before the dealer gets the new engine.

Farmbanker
07-25-2013, 10:13 PM
That doesn't sound right to me either. When my engine blew the dealer arranged with BRP to let me ride a demo.:clap: They had a new engine in it within two weeks. Would have been sooner but the tech was going to BRP school for Spyders. I didn't want to rush him, better to let them fix it right. I have a great dealer in Metro Harley in Cedar Rapids and I had a very good BRP rep keeping me updated as things progressed. Make sure your dealer is really, really talking to BRP. They won't want you sitting around until October......:banghead:

myronmathis
07-27-2013, 05:46 PM
I have called BRP twice and left messages but nobody ever called me back, I guess I have to continue to call them
That doesn't sound right to me either. When my engine blew the dealer arranged with BRP to let me ride a demo.:clap: They had a new engine in it within two weeks. Would have been sooner but the tech was going to BRP school for Spyders. I didn't want to rush him, better to let them fix it right. I have a great dealer in Metro Harley in Cedar Rapids and I had a very good BRP rep keeping me updated as things progressed. Make sure your dealer is really, really talking to BRP. They won't want you sitting around until October......:banghead:

BajaRon
07-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Many dealerships are very busy throughout the summer and fall months. Sounds to me like they just don't want to do this until things slow down for them. By that time you won't be able to ride it anyway. I can't believe that BRP doesn't have a complete engine sitting around somewhere that could be shipped to this dealership. It's much easier to believe that they just don't want to do it now.

myronmathis
08-04-2013, 08:05 AM
well i did not raise "holy hell" but they got the message that I sent and now my engine will be shipped on Monday. The warranty should cover the shop time for the repair right?

Spyder Tony
08-04-2013, 08:47 AM
well i did not raise "holy hell" but they got the message that I sent and now my engine will be shipped on Monday. The warranty should cover the shop time for the repair right?

Yes, your warranty should cover the shop hours for the repairs too. My 2013 ST LTD has been in the shop for warranty work (ball joints, cooling sensor) and is going back in for a radiator and cooling fan 1st thing next week. all of these items were replaced at the request of BRP and were less than a few days for parts orders. i have never been charged a cent, and in my case, my dealer always provides a BRP# for me in the event I need it.

for the record...the sensor, cooling fan and radiator swap were all BRP's idea when i threw an overheating code. The sensor replacement seemed to solve the problem, but BRP wanted to swap out the radiator and fan to make sure i was good to go. they were quick to respond and decisive in their action. I disagree about rattling cages with your dealer and BRP...for the same reason i don't enter into a confrontation with the chef at a restaurant prior to him preparing my food. stay calm, state your case, and most important...get it in writing. I get EVERYTHING from my dealership and BRP in e mail form in the event i need to refer back to a ssituation. i don't know how many times i've been told something different by another rep in the same organization. When iforward a copy of the original e mail with my response...all seems to work out for the most part. Good luck to you in getting your Spyder back in time to ride more this season!!!

myronmathis
08-04-2013, 09:31 AM
yeah i stayed calm and emailed my concerns and they were quick to respond.
Yes, your warranty should cover the shop hours for the repairs too. My 2013 ST LTD has been in the shop for warranty work (ball joints, cooling sensor) and is going back in for a radiator and cooling fan 1st thing next week. all of these items were replaced at the request of BRP and were less than a few days for parts orders. i have never been charged a cent, and in my case, my dealer always provides a BRP# for me in the event I need it.

for the record...the sensor, cooling fan and radiator swap were all BRP's idea when i threw an overheating code. The sensor replacement seemed to solve the problem, but BRP wanted to swap out the radiator and fan to make sure i was good to go. they were quick to respond and decisive in their action. I disagree about rattling cages with your dealer and BRP...for the same reason i don't enter into a confrontation with the chef at a restaurant prior to him preparing my food. stay calm, state your case, and most important...get it in writing. I get EVERYTHING from my dealership and BRP in e mail form in the event i need to refer back to a ssituation. i don't know how many times i've been told something different by another rep in the same organization. When iforward a copy of the original e mail with my response...all seems to work out for the most part. Good luck to you in getting your Spyder back in time to ride more this season!!!