PDA

View Full Version : Fender Tipz with LED vs. regular bulb

dltang
06-20-2008, 10:57 PM
The Magic Man sent me some LED lights to try out in my Fender Tipz lights. In the daylight, looking directly on the LED is slightly brighter than the regular bulb but at an angle the regular bulb appears to give off more light. At night, it is more noticeable that the LED is brighter, especially head on as I mentioned. Another very nice thing about the LED lights is that they should last much longer than the bulbs with filaments. Here is a night time video of the Fender Tipz with the LED on the right and the regular one on the left.
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Lamonster
06-21-2008, 05:07 AM
You are the :spyder: video Queen :bigthumbsup: :doorag: ;D

Magic Man
06-21-2008, 05:51 AM
Looking good!

The LEDS are able to project the light where you want it to go because of the lens on the end directing the light enegry. Which in this case is out in front of your bike.

Regular bulbs send light in all directions, which means some of the light engery is lost going where you don't want or need it.

Thanks for taking time to make the viedo it's really nice!

MM

scottmanesis
07-01-2008, 02:26 AM
Damned it all this cools stuff to buy and the Spyder has not appeared in my driveway yet....good job.

omac546
07-01-2008, 04:27 PM
"Quote from DLTang: The Magic Man sent me some LED lights to try out in my Fender Tipz lights. Another very nice thing about the LED lights is that they should last much longer than the bulbs with filaments. "

Hey Magic Man. What is the cost to upgrade. I just received and installed my Fender Tipz mod kit. Thanks for the quick shipment :clap: and the info about BRP not following their own wiring specs. I found the right-side of my :spyder:is reversed. Black is + on all lights on the right and - on the left side. It had me :banghead: for awhile. I'm doing the Triple Play install this weekend. For now HOBO is back on the road again.

Magic Man
07-01-2008, 04:55 PM
The High Output JS series LED lights for the fender TIPZ are $19.95 a pair. If you need a set just give us a call as we have not got them up on the site yet, but they are in stock now.

MM

barb36jack31
07-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Just finished the above install. Assuming BRP hasn't reversed the polarity on the wiring, the install is strictly a plug and play. One tip - when you get to the part of securing the plastic box to the wiring harness, do it as far forward as you can. If it is too far back, the undercover for the fender will not seat well. The undercover has a bulge in it so it will clear the tire and that bulge sticks up into the available space under the fender. No big deal, but I had to move mine forward to get the right clearance. P.S. The Triple Play is just outstanding! You will love it.

Jack H.

effgjamis
09-30-2008, 11:07 PM
The High Output JS series LED lights for the fender TIPZ are $19.95 a pair. If you need a set just give us a call as we have not got them up on the site yet, but they are in stock now.

MM

Are they Amber or White ??:clap:

NancysToy
10-01-2008, 07:17 AM
Just a word of caution. In Michigan, and possibly all states, I do not believe that a white turn signal on the front is legal. I could be wrong, but you will notice that all factory front turn signals are now amber. Best to check if running white bulbs and Tipz.
-Scotty

baldev
10-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Just a word of caution. In Michigan, and possibly all states, I do not believe that a white turn signal on the front is legal. I could be wrong, but you will notice that all factory front turn signals are now amber. Best to check if running white bulbs and Tipz.
-Scotty

I think as long as you do not fiddle with the main turn signals you'll be fine. I had the white on my truck side signal and was stopped by a cop but when I pointed that the main signals were yellow he had to let me go. Of course if he was an "idiot" I would have to take it up with the judge.

effgjamis
10-04-2008, 10:47 PM

MM

Does that include shipping??

NancysToy
10-05-2008, 08:07 AM
I think as long as you do not fiddle with the main turn signals you'll be fine. I had the white on my truck side signal and was stopped by a cop but when I pointed that the main signals were yellow he had to let me go. Of course if he was an "idiot" I would have to take it up with the judge.
Well, I found some interesting things. As far as I can tell, from rules posted on the State Police site, Michigan law allows either amber or white front turn signals. Rear turn signals can be either red or amber. This applies to passenger cars. Motorcycles are not required to have turn signals by Michigan law. I can find references to the requirement for turn signals to be present on cycles, but not the specific code. They are supposedly included in the same Federal requirement that standardized foot and hand controls (sorry, Triumph). These requirements address importing and sales of new vehicles in the US. It appears this rule was ammended at some point to make amber turn signals standard. Looks like the LEDs are good to go...at least in Michigan.
-Scotty