PDA

View Full Version : Help with tailight wiring color codes

BillF
07-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Tried doing a search but no luck. Does anyone know the taillight color coding for a 2012 RT-S: running light, ground, brake lights and turn signals. Want to add a set of hyperlites I have from an old bike.Thanks in advance, Bill:sour:

NancysToy
07-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Orange = Running lights
Black = Ground
White = Brakes
Grey/Pink = Left turn
Brown/Yellow = Right Turn

Johnny_Swindle
07-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Would this be the same for the 2011 RT?

Orange = Running lights
Black = Ground
White = Brakes
Grey/Pink = Left turn

NancysToy
07-24-2013, 06:41 AM
Would this be the same for the 2011 RT?

Should be the same across the board.

finless
07-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Yep, that's the same wire colors as on my 2011 RT-S

Bob

Blue Star
07-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Orange = Running lights
Black = Ground
White = Brakes
Grey/Pink = Left turn

Glad this came up, and Scotty replied. I had this combo for the RT, and now know I was wrong.

White (or Black) = ground
Brown = running lights
Yellow = left turn/brake
Green = right turn/brake

Cruzr Joe
07-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Glad this came up, and Scotty replied. I had this combo for the RT, and now know I was wrong.

White (or Black) = ground
Brown = running lights
Yellow = left turn/brake
Green = right turn/brake

You are right, you are wrong. :hun: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

Blue Star
07-25-2013, 11:37 AM
You are right, you are wrong. :hun: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

I was wrong, and is right that I was wrong, but now I am right? :dontknow:

PS. sad part was I got the wrong colors from this site too. Just not from Scotty.

Copperman
07-25-2013, 06:13 PM
Ok, now I’m really confused! I recently installed a 2013 BRP hitch on my RT Limited and it has thesquare, four pin plug (female end).
I was able to find the male end of the square, four pin plugand connected it to a flat, four pin female plug so I’d have a jumper to hookup to the trailer I’m buying (it has a flat, four pin male end). *** Shout out to Mini Trailer, USA*** Imatched the wires for the jumper… yellow, brown, green and white but it doesn’t workproperly.
What did I do wrong?

NancysToy
07-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Ok, now I’m really confused! I recently installed a 2013 BRP hitch on my RT Limited and it has thesquare, four pin plug (female end).
I was able to find the male end of the square, four pin plugand connected it to a flat, four pin female plug so I’d have a jumper to hookup to the trailer I’m buying (it has a flat, four pin male end). *** Shout out to Mini Trailer, USA*** Imatched the wires for the jumper… yellow, brown, green and white but it doesn’t workproperly.
What did I do wrong?

The wiring colors on the Spyder are not the same as the trailer harness wire colors. After the module, the 2013 harness colors are standard trailer wiring colors.

Now to add to your confusion...the RT-622 harness colors may be different than either...and they may change colors at the conector, so they are not the same in the back of the trailer as they are at the hitch.

Brown = Running Lights
White = Ground
Yellow = Left turn/brake
Green = Right turn/brake

Larry rt
07-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Hooked up trailer to a 2013 RT . Matched wire colors and tested them for a match. Worked ok for about 1000 miles , modulate on bike died. Did the twice ): ended up bypassing modular , works fine. I think the modular gets too hot , because of new location under seat ! Prior models , modular was at rear of bike ! Engineering issue , again !

master1309
07-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Are these colors the same on an RS? :bowdown:spiderboy69@yahoo.com

Desert Spyder
07-26-2013, 02:12 PM
The wiring colors on the Spyder are not the same as the trailer harness wire colors. After the module, the 2013 harness colors are standard trailer wiring colors.

Now to add to your confusion...the RT-622 harness colors may be different than either...and they may change colors at the conector, so they are not the same in the back of the trailer as they are at the hitch.

Brown = Running Lights
White = Ground
Yellow = Left turn/brake
Green = Right turn/brake

French....