PDA

View Full Version : Extended warranty

Spyder4Tess
07-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Do any of you have regrets not buying the extended warranty?

ICE
07-23-2013, 08:20 PM
No regrets! Purchased an additional 5 yr warranty from Western. Two months out of the factory warranty I got the dreaded water pump seal leak along with a bad steering angle sensor. My dealer submitted the claim with Western who approved the repairs within two day. I paid $750 for the extended warranty. With the above repairs completed I'm probably at break even. Did I say No regrets.:rolleyes:

ricocamp
07-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Ice, do you have a link to Western? I'd like to get some info on their 5 yr extended warranty.
Thanks,
Rich

ICE
07-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Sorry, I don't have a link. If you google it you will see good and bad as you would with almost any insurance co. I brought it from my dealer because they have had good experiences with then. The fact that they sold it to me at near their cost was also a plus.

Flanker
07-23-2013, 10:07 PM
No.

Dragonrider
07-24-2013, 12:34 AM
No - don't regret buying bike insurance either…..

SpyderAnn01
07-24-2013, 12:40 AM
I would have regrets if I hadn't bought it on my 2010 RT. Not only did I recover the cost in repairs to the Spyder after the initial warranty had expired but I believe that when I sold it having 2 years left on the extended warranty was a good selling point.

Shewhoprays
07-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Can you buy the extended warranty after your factory warranty has expired? When I bought my 2010RT no one offered the extended warranty to us at the time and we totally didn't even think about it until a short time ago. Hubby called our new dealer and they won't let us get the extended because we were 5 months out at the time of the call. Called the BRP rep and he said to call the original dealer because the carry Western. Hubby hasn't gotten around to calling yet but wanted to know if any of you have had experience.

Spyder4Tess
07-24-2013, 07:01 AM
The reason I'm asking is because we have about 3 weeks to transfer the factory warranty and decide to buy one.

MouthPiece
07-24-2013, 07:12 AM
I guess my question is: Why would someone "regret" buying an extended warranty?

Chris

Spyder4Tess
07-24-2013, 07:24 AM
I guess my question is: Why would someone "regret" buying an extended warranty?

ChrisBecause of bad service or denied claims.

Coming from a Harley forum I visit alot,many say to keep the money in a bank account for fixes.
Just wondering if there were any here that feel the same about Spyder warranties.

Tango
07-24-2013, 07:38 AM
With the computer and senser problems, general problems elsewhere. I believe you would be crazy not to get an extended warranty. We all buy life insurance, and hope to not need it soon. Buy it. :coffee: Tom :trike:

ARtraveler
07-24-2013, 04:02 PM
I used to state that I did not believe in extended warranties and did not recommend their purchase. Of late, I have done an about face on my thinking.

As far as regrets, it only takes one major repair bill to even up that price paid for the extended warranty. Not having a warranty to cover unexpected costs when needed, will give you that "Wow, I could have had a V-8" feeling.

I do recommend a warranty that is good at ALL Can-Am dealers. Some warranties are not national, and you need to be careful. Benefits vs. cost is another consideration. I am not recommending any particular warranty at this time--because of my lack of experience with them. My dealer did not offer an extended warranty when I purchased my last 4 Spyders.