PDA

View Full Version : GOING HOME 1

MrLooney
07-23-2013, 03:06 AM
GOING HOME 1
It’s finally official! :yes: I have booked my airfare and made plans to return home to Oregon. Most important of all, is to be back in the Saddle of my 2011 RS~S Pre Magnesium / Black Roadster.
I anticipate some issues when I uncover and clear out the mothballs. First of all when I parked it I literally turned off the key then covered it and walked away 8 months ago.
1. Dead battery.
2. Stale gas
I had the 6,000 mile checkup / service / oil change done a few days before I parked it.
Upon arrival I will Pamper him with a little soap and water. Nurture him with new electrolyte. Feed him a little Sea Foam. Inflate his toes and finally hang a new name tag on his tail.
I am sure there will be a few other very important issues I will have to attend to. As this will be a wait and see what happens. He has been very dependable in his 6,865.1 miles of service.
I am looking forward to fabricating some new mods. Floor boards and trailer hitch to start with. I will be in the market for a trailer or in modifying a trailer frame to suit my needs.
Please chime in on any other issues I may need to pay attention to.

I am truly looking forward to this Home Coming :2thumbs: :bbq::yes:

Bob Denman
07-23-2013, 06:06 AM
:congrats::yes::ohyea::yes: :thumbup:

flamingobabe
07-23-2013, 07:21 AM
Mr. Looney....glad you are coming home...the Spyder will be happy to perform for you....(they do like to be dormant) looking forward to meeting you...be safe....keep us updated

MrLooney
07-23-2013, 07:36 AM
Mr. Looney....glad you are coming home...the Spyder will be happy to perform for you....(they do like to be dormant) looking forward to meeting you...be safe....keep us updated

Flamingo, there is a chance we could meet up! Where is the question. I do have a great friend in Fort Worth who has his (their) door open and waiting for me to drop in...
Who knows maybe you will make it to Oregon some time or I could find a job somewhere south...

Bottom Line I am looking forward to meeting and ryding with many :spyder2: ryders

ruthie
07-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Have a safe trip home.

murphybrown
07-23-2013, 09:04 AM
:yes::clap::ohyea:

SpyderAnn01
07-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Glad to hear you are coming back to your RS but I will miss the pictures of the crazy riders you see in Vietnam

Chupaca
07-23-2013, 09:33 AM
It will be grand to have you back on the road once again (locally). You will have to change you avatar to your new location..be safe..!! :clap::clap:

Big Arm
07-23-2013, 10:07 AM
:congrats: :yes: :yes: :yes:

ARtraveler
07-23-2013, 02:15 PM
:congrats: Looking forward to hearing more from you. :thumbup:

Hovdestar
07-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Welcome home, fellow Oregonian, welcome home! <M>

MrLooney
07-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Glad to hear you are coming back to your RS but I will miss the pictures of the crazy riders you see in Vietnam

I for one surely won't miss the crazy drivers here !!

I will try to take more pics of different things including of traffic and post