PDA

View Full Version : New Hindle exhaust (small leak)

rworell
07-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Hey everyone, first time posting and long time reader of all your great posts. I just bought my first Spyder GS 08. Absolutely love it!!

My question is I just installed a Hindle exhaust. It installed very easily. I used a fair amount of hi temp sealer and it held for a day or two. but now I have just a slight air leak from around the conection. It runs perfectly and I have no issues, I have not snugged up the clamp as of yet, but just thought I would ask and talk to my new Spyder friends:)

I also just ordered the Madstad windshield for my first long tour ride up to the Killington Classic on Labor Day with my Bro. Its primarily a Harley group, but I'll ride in loud and proud with my Spyder:doorag:

Thanks and glad to be here...
Rich

3 wheeler
07-22-2013, 08:27 PM
Just tighten the clamp good and add a little more high temp silocone if you still feel a leak. If its running good with no popping after that, don't worry about it anymore....:D

rworell
07-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Ya I figured as much...but wanted to make sure....thank you for the help..

Rich

Flanker
07-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Just tighten the clamp good and add a little more high temp silocone if you still feel a leak. If its running good with no popping after that, don't worry about it anymore....:D

Excellent advice!