PDA

View Full Version : Unintended side effect of owning a Spyder

Spyder Tony
07-22-2013, 05:27 PM
I had realized that I hadn't driven my SUV once over the last month since buying my ST LTD; but what I didn't expect is for my 7 year old son's street cred to shoot through the roof @ school. I drop him off at school on Nikki (My Pearl White ST) in the mornings, and all of the kids eyes are on him as he dismounts and removes his motorcycle helmet (with the Mohawk attached). The older kid who was giving him a bit of trouble last year is now telling him "your dad's bike is cool".

I spoke to the teacher & principal last year about this kid picking on my son (who is 2 years his junior), but all along, all I had to do was buy a Spyder...which is now proven to promote feelings of unity and camaraderie. In all seriousness, I am really glad that my Spyder could help out in this situation...even if it was not planned :-)

Big Arm
07-22-2013, 05:32 PM
:2thumbs: :clap:

Bob Denman
07-22-2013, 05:43 PM
:2thumbs: Although $500 bucks in Martial Arts lessons may have been more cost-effective! :D

DR Buck
07-22-2013, 05:49 PM
I had realized that I hadn't driven my SUV once over the last month since buying my ST LTD; but what I didn't expect is for my 7 year old son's street cred to shoot through the roof @ school. I drop him off at school on Nikki (My Pearl White ST) in the mornings, and all of the kids eyes are on him as he dismounts and removes his motorcycle helmet (with the Mohawk attached). The older kid who was giving him a bit of trouble last year is now telling him "your dad's bike is cool".

I spoke to the teacher & principal last year about this kid picking on my son (who is 2 years his junior), but all along, all I had to do was buy a Spyder...which is now proven to promote feelings of unity and camaraderie. In all seriousness, I am really glad that my Spyder could help out in this situation...even if it was not planned :-)

You might want to have a chat with your son. It's all together possible he's told the other kids you belong to a bike gang and they made him a member too. So, if they mess with him, they mess with the whole gang. :doorag:

Dan McNally
07-22-2013, 05:57 PM
:2thumbs: Although $500 bucks in Martial Arts lessons may have been more cost-effective! :D

But not as much fun! :D

Yazz
07-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Hubby and I started riding when Son was in High School. Years later, Son told us all his friends at school wanted 'Cool' parents too. :doorag:

ARtraveler
07-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Just more power from the Rock Star effect working in your favor.

Stharbor99
07-22-2013, 06:10 PM
My 12 yr old Grandson says he tells everyone his Grandma rides a Spyder!!! He said to me most of the kids done even have their Grandparents :(. And his rides a Spyder!!! I'm going to pick him up after school one day when he goes back!! He is all excited!!

reverendg
07-22-2013, 06:32 PM
You might want to have a chat with your son. It's all together possible he's told the other kids you belong to a bike gang and they made him a member too. So, if they mess with him, they mess with the whole gang. :doorag:Hell's Tri-Angels?

Bob Denman
07-22-2013, 06:49 PM
:spyder2: Satan's Tripods :spyder2:

KatLen0405
07-22-2013, 08:11 PM
We've got exactly the opposite problem with our 14 year old girl - "Don't bring the bikes!!" We hear that every time we need to pick her up somewhere or drop her off. Teenage Girls! - We will never figure them out!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Spyder Tony
07-22-2013, 09:28 PM

Funny you mention that...i'm 3 years and thousands of dollars into Tae Kwon Do lessons for us both. He is 1 belt away from black belt (red/black belt) but he knows not to use it unless threatened. The bully was a nuisance...but not worthy of a 360 jump round kick to the head by my son. That would've been a whole different can of worms.

Spyder Tony
07-22-2013, 09:35 PM
We've got exactly the opposite problem with our 14 year old girl - "Don't bring the bikes!!" We hear that every time we need to pick her up somewhere or drop her off. Teenage Girls! - We will never figure them out!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

i've only got 2 boys (22 and 7). I don't understand women (apologies to my girlfriend) much less teenage girls. Nonetheless, i can't understand why she doesn't want not 1 but 2 spyders to pich her up or drop off. I'll tell you what, next time you're in my neck of the woods, feel free to drop me off at work on both spyders...i'll leave mine @ home that day:yes:

billrob71
07-22-2013, 10:12 PM

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily mine likes my bike but everything else is a challenge :shocked:

hut1
07-22-2013, 11:22 PM

My 21yr. old daughter started riding with me in my sidecar when she was 12. I earned my "coolest dad in the neighborhood" merit badge back then! :joke: She continued to ride with me until she got her own bike last year. Now that I have the :spyder2: she still thinks I'm cool. But somehow I think it may be due to the fact that she rides it more often than I do!:dontknow:

Bob Denman
07-23-2013, 06:14 AM
It appears as if the only thing that most teenage girls enjoy; is their misery... :gaah: