PDA

View Full Version : Don't do this type of thing while out riding!

Elembytes
07-22-2013, 02:05 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2013/07/21/vo-newday-motorcycle-crash-on-tape.cnn.html

Hope the link works- but please people when out riding your Spyder or what ever mode you choose- please be safe and wise---don't mess with your camera while out actually moving. Take a look at this accident and you'll understand why!

Be safe everyone!

;)

wyliec
07-22-2013, 02:23 PM
I don't see where his hands came off the handle bars once to mess with the helmet camera. And, if you look at his shadow, his hands do not appear to move from one spot on the bars, as if there may have been remote camera controls.

Bob Denman
07-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Too bad...
Darwin had it right...
If you're not going to pay attention to what you're doing when you ride; stay home and play with matches in the basement... :gaah:

quickster47
07-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Too bad...
Darwin had it right...
If you're not going to pay attention to what you're doing when you ride; stay home and play with matches in the basement... :gaah:

Would that have been Rodney Darwin?

Carl

ARtraveler
07-22-2013, 03:47 PM
I don't see where his hands came off the handle bars once to mess with the helmet camera. And, if you look at his shadow, his hands do not appear to move from one spot on the bars, as if there may have been remote camera controls.

:agree: Did not see the hands move off the handlebars. Must not have been paying good attention to where he was riding though.

jerpinoy
07-22-2013, 04:15 PM
He grabbed his front brake but didn't help. Missed it by mil sec to avoid the crash. Riding is a full commitment.

Bob Denman
07-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Would that have been Rodney Darwin?

Carl
No. It was their sister; Camille! :D

finless
07-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Too bad...
Darwin had it right...

:agree:

That was totally avoidable!

Bob

Chupaca
07-22-2013, 05:12 PM
From the footage you can clearly see him applying brakes with time to veer to the right and hit the dirt..or get by..must have missed a class or two especially the one about immovable objects...!! :dontknow:

Yazz
07-22-2013, 05:23 PM
From the footage you can clearly see him applying brakes with time to veer to the right and hit the dirt..or get by..must have missed a class or two especially the one about immovable objects...!! :dontknow:

:agree: Don't look at the car, look where you want to go...

Bob Denman
07-22-2013, 05:45 PM
:2thumbs::agree::2thumbs:

daveinva
07-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Well, if he HAD looked at the car, he wouldn't have hit it, for anyone with half a brain would have stopped long before he hit that car, or swerved to that *giant open spot* to the right of the car.

Rider inattention + target fixation + out-of-practice braking/evasion skills = dumb, dumb :cus:.

Dan McNally
07-22-2013, 05:55 PM
There is an old Air Force saying: "No matter what else is going on around you, don't forget to fly the aircraft." It can easily be paraphrased to apply to motorcycles!

finless
07-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Personally, people like this should not even be allowed to drive anything!

Imagine if you will that instead of a car, that was a spyder he rear ended!
He might have survived injury like the car but I bet the spyder rider(s) might not have!

By the way, a few days ago I almost had a "high speed lane splitter" on a crotch rocket take out my right front wheel! I think he thought I was a Goldwing or some big cruser bike riding in the lane in bumper to bumper traffic. He came INCHES from missing my front wheel.

Bob

Bob Denman
07-22-2013, 06:54 PM
There is an old Air Force saying: "No matter what else is going on around you, don't forget to fly the aircraft." It can easily be paraphrased to apply to motorcycles!
Excellent advice! :thumbup: