PDA

View Full Version : A Part Missing?

SPYDERFUZZ
07-21-2013, 10:51 PM
I have driven my :spyder2:600 miles since I got. I was looking at it today and noticed both sides down where your foot would be pointing on the left side is a black grill but on the right side is just open where the grill on the left side. Is this the way it is or is the piece missing?:gaah::gaah::gaah:

SpyderAnn01
07-21-2013, 10:58 PM
There is no grill on the right side. That is the way it is meant to be. You can buy an aftermarket set of grilles from spyderpops.com if you just can't live with it not matching.

ABQAndy
07-21-2013, 10:58 PM
No part missing, I thought that too and asked the dealer about it. The dealer said that most new owners ask that very question so you are not alone.

telespec
07-21-2013, 11:00 PM
You mention left but you're talking about right, their not one for right that comes from BRP.

1VENOM
07-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Our venders here have inserts for the area your talking about. Here's one; http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am_spyder_emblems.htm#Street_MagicŪ_Radiator_I nlet_Covers
Here is another; http://www.esicycleproducts.com/spyderradiatorinletcovers.html, Hope this helps.

SPYDERFUZZ
07-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Thanks a lot guys I guess I will quit looking. Most people ask the dealer about the grill. I didn't notice it for a month. I never get on form the side, old cowboy training. I really should not be left alone.

Thanks again:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

boborgera
07-21-2013, 11:40 PM
Thanks a lot guys I guess I will quit looking. Most people ask the dealer about the grill. I didn't notice it for a month. I never get on form the side, old cowboy training. I really should not be left alone.

Thanks again:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Think of it as a speed hole, :roflblack:

BajaRon
07-21-2013, 11:48 PM
No restriction (grill) allows for more air flow! :ohyea:

Chupaca
07-22-2013, 12:39 AM
They should add it to the manual..natural question seeing as there are grilles everywhere else..!! :dontknow:

Ga Blue Knight
07-22-2013, 02:09 AM
I took the left side off on my RT and then both sides looked the same with marginal improvement in airflow.

ThreeWheels
07-22-2013, 04:07 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53341&d=1347670989

Bob Denman
07-22-2013, 06:41 AM
Is that one from Kewlmetal?

bobnaquin
07-22-2013, 08:59 AM
I have driven my :spyder2:600 miles since I got. I was looking at it today and noticed both sides down where your foot would be pointing on the left side is a black grill but on the right side is just open where the grill on the left side. Is this the way it is or is the piece missing?:gaah::gaah::gaah:

It is that way by design. You can add a piece there but recognize it will likely make the machine run hotter.

GeoffCee
07-22-2013, 10:23 AM
It would be doing a new Spyder owner a service if the dealership pointed out that nothing is missing from the empty space on the RHS. I was caught out thinking I had lost the grill riding my new machine home from the dealership.

ThreeWheels
07-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Is that one from Kewlmetal?

No. That is a BRP OEM grill.
Do you remember when BRP did the panel changeout for the oil filter access?
The left grill was replaced as part of that campaign. There were oodles of left grills available that the dealers could give away.
I reworked one so it would fit on the right side. Consequently, it is shaped and has the same contour as the left side grill.
Both Kewlmetal and ESI panels are flat.

Bob Denman
07-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Ooh... :shocked:
If you come across another "excess" BRP grille... ;)

boborgera
07-22-2013, 01:14 PM
They should add it to the manual..natural question seeing as there are grilles everywhere else..!! :dontknow:

They'll add that to the manual, When they add that the gas tank is 6 gal. not 6.6 gal....:roflblack:

ARtraveler
07-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the growing membership in the "my right grill is missing" club. I am guessing most of us have asked that question. When I bought my new 2008, I took a special "stealth" visit to my dealer to check out the other Spyders. This was in order to make sure they did not have grills on the right side.

:agree: that it would not hurt to put the information in the manual--for those that read it, of course. :roflblack: Or, when the vehicle is delivered, make it a part of the "show the new :spyder2:" introduction.

Bob Denman
07-22-2013, 02:30 PM
:agree: This one pops up so often, that the dealerships really should try to point out the lack of the grille as part of the delivery process... :thumbup:

SPYDERFUZZ
07-23-2013, 02:55 PM
After that many responses it makes us newbies feel good that there are that people out there willing to take time to explain things to us. And not make us feel stupid. But akspyderman mentioned the dealer explaining things to you when he delivered it to you. I don't seem to remember anything about that. Unless they explain it to the original buyer that full fills that obligation I think.