PDA

View Full Version : Bling lights Update

greendean
07-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Good Day to All
So I pulled the trigger and bought the blinglight (Spyder Kit) Well first off it is not Spyder specific
as they would lead one to believe. They are a universal kit. They will mount into the factory location
yet the advertising states little to no cutting. This is not true unless you have the factory mounts to
start with. This would be only an assumption being I don't have the factory mount's which cost factory kit
464.00. The reason I spent the 99.00 on the bling lights. Enough on that.
The frunk side panels remove rather easily and the air louvers dismount with only clips. Here is where
the tricks come in you will have to cut the larger louver leaving a 1.5 inch tab on the lower portion in which to
mount to the front must be cut close at the top and angled to about 3/4 to 1 inch at the bottom I used a
dremmel with a round cutting wheel. 20 Years of custom car audio installation came in handy here. I then found
that a can of hornet spray was the diameter I liked and used a heat gun to heat the opening enough to stretch it
to a round opening instead of a triangle very carefully heating only the opening and keeping the outer housing from
melting let that cool and remove the can after it cools and you now have a round opening for the lights. the mounting
after that is basic one hole for the mount make sure you give yourself some adjustment space or gap from the front
and now the wiring. The switch does mount on top where the factory switch goes I do question the ability for the
switch water resistant qualities. I was able to run the wires with no further disassembly yet the areas can be a bit
tight wire ties are a must there is extra wiring that can be easily bundled. There is a factory fuse for fog lights in the
fuse panel which can be a little tricky but it is nice the green with red stripe is the output wire on the back you should
test with ohm meter for verification. Replace the 10 amp fuse with a 15 and reassemble. One and a half hour time for me
first time less if I were to do it again. They are and do light up the road quite well the halo ring no big deal just
a show thing. I really could care less I wanted lighting in the morning 3:30 am ride to work. They are made in china
and who knows how long they will last. Buyer beware on the fact the installation assistance from them is non existent
I requested how they would do it and was told a supervisor would email me the assistance and received none called back
talked to the same person he apologized and confirmed my email address and still nothing. I moved on. I probably have
to high of a security setting on my email filter. So should you choose to travel this road hopefully this will help. you will save
364.00 dollars know that there is a test of your creative installation abilities. Good Luck Dean