PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Spyder RS-S Owners I have a question.

hchays
07-20-2013, 05:24 PM
I bought a new 2013 Spyder RS and am interested in adding the FOX adjustable shocks and sway bar kit that CAN-AM offers. They advertise that it is what comes stock on the 2013 RS-S. My question is how do you like the handling? Does it feel firm in corners or do you feel a little "body roll" (like the big cars of the 70's). If I take a corner very fast it feels as if the bike leans to the outside. I also get a little sway on the highway if there is any wind. I think this kit will solve my problem, but I would like to hear some feedback from 2013 RS-S owners before I spend $400.00 on something that is no better than what I have. Thanks for any and all replys.

Orange monster
07-20-2013, 07:11 PM
I have a 2013 RSS and I don't feel much lean in corners if any at all. I'm sure it leans a little in fast corners but I'm usually leaning forward and inside so I don't really notice it at all. It's nothing like a 70's boat more like a go cart! And as far as the hwy my bike tracks straight with very little sway when passing semi's at 75mph. The only swaying I notice is on old farm roads where it is influenced by very uneven of rutted pavement. If my bike had not came with the Fox shocks and I had to buy replacements I would probably go straight to a very good set of Elka's and BajaRon's sway bar.

billrob71
07-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Mine handles great I need to adjust the preload a little to stiffen them up a little but other then that very stable

hchays
07-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the replys. Does anyone know if they made the sway bar heavier for the 2013?I've heard alot of people talking about BajaRons sway bars making a great improvement on the older versions.

billrob71
07-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Not sure Bajaron has the 2013's done yet. Not sure but thought I read he is still working on them

HuckFin
07-21-2013, 09:34 PM
My 2013 RS-S handles great too, but.. IF? you are going to be driving hard and fast and pushing it to the max around corners you might as well go with Baja Rons bar with fox shocks since you are changing bars anyway.

hchays
07-22-2013, 06:29 PM
I ordered aBajaRon sway bar today. He said that they should be back from the powder coater by Wednesday. I am also going to add the Fox shocks after I try the sway bar. I want to do a little R&D. I will post here to let everyone know my findings as I go along.

Orange monster
07-22-2013, 07:18 PM
I haven't priced the Fox shocks vs the Elka's but if the price is even close I think I would go with the Elka's just for the extra adjustability. The Fox are preload adjustable only where a good set of Elka's are completely adjustable.

Orange monster
07-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the replys. Does anyone know if they made the sway bar heavier for the 2013?I've heard alot of people talking about BajaRons sway bars making a great improvement on the older versions.

My understanding is the RSS has a larger bar than the RS so if you buy the RS I would go straight to the BajaRon sway bar from what I have heard but it looks like you already did...lol

hchays
07-26-2013, 03:34 PM
I got the BajaRon sway bar and end links today. WOW!! What a difference! It only took me about 45 minutes total to install. The biggest difference I see is on the freeway passing semis. Before I would get pushed around and feel a little body roll. Now I can keep going straight and have way less fatique. This product is as professional as it gets, from the technical help at ordering, the packaging and the product it's self. If you have a body roll/sway issue in turns or on the highway BUY THIS SWAY BAR AND END LINKS.....

Thanks BajaRon :bowdown:

Flanker
07-26-2013, 03:53 PM
I haven't priced the Fox shocks vs the Elka's but if the price is even close I think I would go with the Elka's just for the extra adjustability. The Fox are preload adjustable only where a good set of Elka's are completely adjustable.
I agree.........................the Foxes are good shocks, but I miss the adjustable rebound and compression damping that's a standard feature on most sport bikes.