PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar Risers

nancyemh
06-20-2008, 09:27 AM
I heard from my dealer that my Spyder is in transit from the factory so I'm trying to get
things ready to go. (YIPPEE!!) I already know that I want handlebar risers. Any suggestions
about what to use? What have the rest of you done about this? Thanks ahead of time
for all information!!

tatt2r
06-20-2008, 09:53 AM
I had the dealer put factory bar risers on my bike .... although i like the seating position better (i'm 5'7" and girl friend is 5'4") i noticed that high speed on the highway it seems to have created more drag from my body being in a more upright position... we are ordering second spyder for her at the end of summer and I think I'm going to have them swap riser to other bike and go back to original on mine ... if you can try it both ways if your dealer has one set up ...

Smylinacha
06-20-2008, 02:28 PM
My husband just put the risers on my :spyder: last night - I will be riding it tomorrow but just by sitting on it - it feels better already - I'm more upright. :bigthumbsup:

csmead
06-20-2008, 02:58 PM
I like to sit more upright....I know that my head gets bounced a bit more but my back feels better after long rides.
I like the riser on and could have used another inch or two.

MOTZA
06-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Mojoe risers work well

The_Spyderwoman
06-20-2008, 06:35 PM
I had risers installed and a taller yellow windshield. Works Great! :bigthumbsup:

Lamonster
06-20-2008, 06:47 PM
I just want to say :welcome: to all the new members here. :congrats: :spyder: :doorag:

Smylinacha
06-20-2008, 08:17 PM
I like to sit more upright....I know that my head gets bounced a bit more but my back feels better after long rides.
I like the riser on and could have used another inch or two.

Personally I would like some mini apes :bigthumbsup: But hubby said it wouldn't steer correctly. I think the closest I can get to that is matt's new handlebar setup when his come out.

ANDY
06-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Hello I am Andy. I purchased #150. I was a demo, zero miles. I love the Spyder. My wife likes it also. I am wondering if any of the taller Spyder riders have thought about having the seat height and shape reconfigured. I like the highway peg idea and the handle bar riser. I'm 6'2 and would actually like the ATV riding position. If my legs were shorter I could do that. Any thoughts, anybody.

Andy

trikester
06-21-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm 6'3" and I put the factory riser (after much frustration during install, about which I posted on this forum) and I like riding with the riser.

Frank

ataDude
06-21-2008, 11:38 AM
...after much frustration during install...
Frank

Ain't that the truth. :bigthumbsup:

Twodog185
06-21-2008, 12:18 PM
that sound of the little screw hitting the first piece of metal as it dissappears down into your bike.

1) Shake the heck out of the bike, break it loose from it's hidden perch
2) Use compressed air and watch where the tiny objects fly
3) Flashlight and extension gripper
4) Pray to the Spyder God.

ataDude
06-21-2008, 05:37 PM
that sound of the little screw hitting the first piece of metal as it dissappears down into your bike.

1) Shake the heck out of the bike, break it loose from it's hidden perch
2) Use compressed air and watch where the tiny objects fly
3) Flashlight and extension gripper
4) Pray to the Spyder God.

HA! In spite of towels everywhere, I lost one the four small front bolts when re-installing... never could find it... still in there somewhere. :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

One tip... use a small amount of silicone sealant (or even grease) to hold the bolt to the socket as you are re-installing.