PDA

View Full Version : What no mods?

SpyderAnn01
07-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Today I met an 83 year old gentleman on a 2010 RT A&C and the only mod he has made in 30,000 miles is some tape on the grips! He said they (BRP) keep sending him catalogs but he didn't find anything he needed in them. He doesn't have time for a computer so didn't know about Spyderlovers either. I give him a lot of credit as he racked up those miles while going through his wife's illness and passing.

There are 3 other Spyders at this event and today I also saw 3 other Soyders on the road. I think that is a new high for me at a non Spyder event.

TuckMiddle
07-19-2013, 08:48 PM
WOW, 83 and still doing his thing. That's super. Gives us 75.5 year olds something to aim for. How the hell does he do that and not do a single mod? I could practically have a spare Spyder if I didn't buy all the stuff to add on to Big Red.
:cheers:

Tuck

SpyderAnn01
07-19-2013, 08:51 PM
WOW, 83 and still doing his thing. That's super. Gives us 75.5 year olds something to aim for. How the hell does he do that and not do a single mod? I could practically have a spare Spyder if I didn't buy all the stuff to add on to Big Red.
:cheers:

Tuck

The difference is you have a computer so you see all the temptations :yikes:

Spyder601
07-20-2013, 12:30 AM
What would I do all day if I weren't thinking about my next purchase. I feel like those people that have to watch QVC everyday hahaha

MrLooney
07-20-2013, 12:43 AM
:clap: ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN KEEP THEM HORSES ROLLIN AND THE ECONOMY FLOWIN !!

BUY AMERICAN

It is amazing that Ole Gent hasn't added much to his :spyder2: but then he hasn't a computer either. No matter what you have to commend him for his longevity!!

I for one will add a few more Mods once I get black to the states. :yes:

Chupaca
07-20-2013, 02:08 AM
where he came from..life was simple and he probably wants to keep it that way. If he has no bells and whistles...they can't fall off or kill his battery..:2thumbs: To his love for the open road. First car was probably a Ford roadster...:roflblack:

Bob Denman
07-20-2013, 07:15 AM
:shocked: NO farkles?? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_1.gif :roflblack:
Bless him for deciding that the bike already was perfect! :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
07-20-2013, 01:30 PM
I have to make a correction he has the base model not the A&C. He is eyeing my backrest and he has me write down Spyderlovers for him. He can't remain farkle free forever.

Motorcycledave
07-20-2013, 01:38 PM
I have gone FARKELING CRAZY my self :thumbup::thumbup::2thumbs:

ARtraveler
07-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Today I met an 83 year old gentleman on a 2010 RT A&C and the only mod he has made in 30,000 miles is some tape on the grips! He said they (BRP) keep sending him catalogs but he didn't find anything he needed in them. He doesn't have time for a computer so didn't know about Spyderlovers either. I give him a lot of credit as he racked up those miles while going through his wife's illness and passing.

There are 3 other Spyders at this event and today I also saw 3 other Soyders on the road. I think that is a new high for me at a non Spyder event.

Glad you were able to meet up with someone that likes it plain and simple. Some of us have spent very large $ on farkles. I had over $12K in farkles on the 2008 and 2009 RS/GS's--just to make them into the yet un-invented RT's.

At this point, I have a few--but have not went into overkill--I will probably even do less, if there is another :spyder2:.

That said, it appears that all is going well with your :spyder2: :bbq::bbq::bbq:

oldgoat
07-20-2013, 03:31 PM
I have to make a correction he has the base model not the A&C. He is eyeing my backrest and he has me write down Spyderlovers for him. He can't remain farkle free forever.

You are gulty of corrupting your elders ;) ;)

Bob Denman
07-20-2013, 05:09 PM
That's the spirit... give him a little line, and then SET THE HOOK! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_14_11.gif :thumbup: :roflblack:

SpyderAnn01
07-20-2013, 07:43 PM
I think he is going to buy my seat!

SpyderAnn01
07-20-2013, 09:58 PM
He didn't buy my seat :sour: but I can't blame him I don't like it much either. :roflblack: I talked to a woman who was also on a Spyder at the event and she doesn't have any mods either! We need to get the word out to the West coasters that they need to buy more farkles.

Flanker
07-20-2013, 10:09 PM
I've sent him a courtesy chrome plated lobster with one ruby eye and one pumpkin pie eye (with a FLIR and a blunderbuss that rotates and shoots real fast) for his ride. Everyone should have at least one accessory.

Bob Denman
07-21-2013, 07:24 AM
:shocked: Can you get them on EBay?? :shocked: