PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid the Troll tag

steve635
07-18-2013, 09:56 AM
This advice comes from experience, not from my Spyder, but from owning a 2002 Indian Chief. That bike had issues that would make most of the Spyder complaints seem trivial (5 transmissions in less than a year as one example), and I reacted like many of those here. To top it off I had only bought the '02 because Indian gave me a discount because of problems with my 2000 model. Looking back, much of Indian's problem was also incompetent dealers, Anyway, the fact that I eventually got so frustrated that I repeatedly flamed the brand on Indian fan websites, did nothing to solve my problems, and alienated those who were most able to help.
So here are some tips to avoid turning your natural allies into troll name slingers.
Think before you write, is this likely to help or is it strictly a vent? Don't use profanity. Don't denigrate the whole brand because your bike has a problem,
Remember the people here are your best chance at a solution, and finally -
Remember the name of the site!

Bob Denman
07-18-2013, 09:58 AM
:2thumbs: Very Good Advice! :2thumbs:

Chupaca
07-18-2013, 10:00 AM
:agree: very well put...:thumbup:

bullant12
07-18-2013, 10:00 AM
IllinoisBoy needs to add this to his "Do's & Don'ts list";)

quickster47
07-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Well said. Short and sweet and to the point.

Carl

EnjoyingTheRyde
07-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Yep! Well said!!!

Bob Denman
07-18-2013, 10:16 AM
I always tell my Missus, "Don't complain to me; I'm here to actually solve problems. Go complain to your girlfriends, if it's sympathy that you want."

BajaRon
07-18-2013, 10:16 AM
I like that! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-18-2013, 10:23 AM
This has been in here before; it's STILL true!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg

BajaRon
07-18-2013, 10:29 AM
This has been in here before; it's STILL true!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg

Unfortunately, I can identify with that video...

Dan McNally
07-18-2013, 10:40 AM
I always tell my Missus, "Don't complain to me; I'm here to actually solve problems. Go complain to your girlfriends, if it's sympathy that you want."
So, how many times have you been married, to date? :joke:

Bob Denman
07-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Curiously... only once! :thumbup: ;)
Coming up on 30 years at the end of this Month.

Netminder
07-18-2013, 11:19 AM

Tell the truth Bob! You don't really say that to her? Do you?:shocked: Steve635 very well put!!:thumbup:

Magdave
07-18-2013, 11:30 AM

:firstplace:

Bob Denman
07-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Tell the truth Bob! You don't really say that to her? Do you?:shocked: Steve635 very well put!!:thumbup:
I swear; it's the truth! ;)

And it REALLY ticks her off when I do! :roflblack:

arntufun
07-18-2013, 11:43 AM
"Say what you mean and
mean what you say......." :thumbup:

MidLifeCrisis
07-18-2013, 11:44 AM

You're still posting, so I'm guessing the claims that you are only a cybernetic presence are true. :roflblack:

bullant12
07-18-2013, 12:04 PM
So, how many times have you been married, to date? :joke:

Curiously... only once! :thumbup: ;)
Coming up on 30 years at the end of this Month.

The secret to Bob's marriage is that every time he buys something and the wife catches him, he goes out for a walk to ease his mind...

... He hasn't been in the house in almost 29 years at the end of this month!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Sorry Bob! Had to make this joke on your expense!:thumbup:

ARtraveler
07-18-2013, 01:24 PM
This advice comes from experience, not from my Spyder, but from owning a 2002 Indian Chief. That bike had issues that would make most of the Spyder complaints seem trivial (5 transmissions in less than a year as one example), and I reacted like many of those here. To top it off I had only bought the '02 because Indian gave me a discount because of problems with my 2000 model. Looking back, much of Indian's problem was also incompetent dealers, Anyway, the fact that I eventually got so frustrated that I repeatedly flamed the brand on Indian fan websites, did nothing to solve my problems, and alienated those who were most able to help.
So here are some tips to avoid turning your natural allies into troll name slingers.
Think before you write, is this likely to help or is it strictly a vent? Don't use profanity. Don't denigrate the whole brand because your bike has a problem,
Remember the name of the site!

Very good advice. Those with legitimate complaints or problems are usually given a platform here, without any problems. The real trolls do seem to stick out like a sore thumb. They even get a little platform before the "bulldogs" start having a bit of fun with them.

Bob Denman
07-18-2013, 01:49 PM
The secret to Bob's marriage is that every time he buys something and the wife catches him, he goes out for a walk to ease his mind... ... He hasn't been in the house in almost 29 years at the end of this month!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
Sorry Bob! Had to make this joke on your expense!:thumbup:
:shocked: There might be a little bit more truth in here than I'm willing to admit... :D

But she doesn't catch me NEARLY as much as I succeed in these foolish episodes! :thumbup:

Illinois Boy
07-18-2013, 03:58 PM
IllinoisBoy needs to add this to his "Do's & Don'ts list";)

:thumbup: Might just do that...

gottago
07-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Remember the name of the site!:thumbup: I agree:thumbup:

effgjamis
07-18-2013, 05:30 PM
:hun:..... I have to think :gaah: on this abit... :banghead: :cheers: