PDA

View Full Version : Best line or reaction you've heard

TJ_Spyder
06-19-2008, 09:01 PM
OK I've been wanting to start this thread since the first ride on my Spyder.

Post the best reactions/things people have said when they see your Spyder. Here's mine:

Me and a few of my buddies were riding through a small town outside of Tampa, FL. and we stopped for ice cream. This older good ole' boy gentleman wearing a Korean War Vet hat walks over and says...

" I've been to 3 Worlds Fairs and a Goat Rope and I ain't never seen nothin like that"! ;D

Sopher
06-19-2008, 09:44 PM
While waiting at a red light in my town, a teenage says: Hey- can you do a wheelie?

uuuummm... yah

hevnbound
06-19-2008, 10:13 PM
What do you think the Trooper said? ;D

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j207/hevnbound/SpyderandTrooper.jpg

Dyno824
06-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Looks like a good place to hide contraband,i would have never known that was there if you hadnt showed me

Dyno824
06-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Best Line: Can i ride it ? from a total stranger.Yeh would you mind me taking your wife out on a date?

Zerocool
06-19-2008, 10:47 PM
What do you think the Trooper said? ;D

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j207/hevnbound/SpyderandTrooper.jpg

"All that space in the boot, and you threw your riding jacket on the ground?" :joke:

Ghostwheel
06-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Is like a three wheeler or something.

NVR2L8
06-20-2008, 02:50 AM
I have several that have just floored me.

From a Teenager, "How fast can you cruise on that thing about 160 MPH?"
My reply, " Yeah...but I try and keep it around 120 MPH."

From an older man, "What did that run ya, $8,000.00?"
My reply, "Close..and for a limited time, if you buy 2. You get the third at 50% off."

From another Teenager, "What's the big deal? It's just a Snowmobile with wheels.?
My reply, I had none for that guy.

czdaryle
06-20-2008, 06:27 AM
My reaction is when someone has no reaction. Some one you know sees you riding and they don't even acknowledge it. Even if you have no interest in riding one...wouldn't you have a commit on it one way or the other?

NancysToy
06-20-2008, 06:48 AM
From another Teenager, "What's the big deal? It's just a Snowmobile with wheels.?
My reply, I had none for that guy.

Tell him it's a new Ski-Doo that they are marketing for the South.

broomrider
06-20-2008, 10:11 AM
The best reaction came from a teenager "What the hell is that thing? It's AWESOME and can I take it for a quick spin?"
My reaction was: It's my new :spyder: and Hell no you can't take it for a spin, jump on the back and I'll give you a ride though.
His reaction: If I cant drive it I watch you go up the road! LMAO - I think he was afraid of it.
Another reaction: When I went to get it stickered the guy said: High beam; low beam, left blinker etc. Went to the back of it and said the same for blinkers. Then brakes, he saw me hit the brake then said "hand brake" I turned around and said What? There isn't a hand brake. He scratched his head and then said does it have a parking brake?
He hadn't even seen one before. ::)

RTGENE
06-20-2008, 11:06 AM
I stopped by a local custom bike shop and on the way in everyone was on the way out to look at the spyder.
Soooo I turned around to answer questions------this adorable smiling girl asked me how much dose it cost. I said around 16----she said I really like it and could afford payments on 1600 hundred. Since she is the employee of the month we all smiled and went back into the shop.

Major Finder
06-20-2008, 09:28 PM
I have been asked twice, "Is it street legal?" in two days. Another guy followed me into a filling station after yelling to me at a stop light and asked, "Where did you get the modification kit for that?" I love the Spyder and love talking about it but sometimes I just need the alone time to get away from the crazy people.
Major Finder

spydsense
06-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Looking at the speedo someone said "Does it really go 200 mph?" To which I say "YES"

Zerocool
06-20-2008, 10:33 PM
I love the Spyder and love talking about it but sometimes I just need the alone time to get away from the crazy people.
Major Finder

:agree:

I'd be willing to hand out more of the DVDs if BRP would send me a crate of them. Very inexpensive marketing. Rather than answer a hundred questions, I'd hand them a disk, then split.

ALIEN
06-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Hey does it float too? Yeah, it's the new Sea-Spyder 2nd generation Sea-Doo

TJ_Spyder
06-20-2008, 11:39 PM
While waiting at a red light in my town, a teenage says: Hey- can you do a wheelie?

I've been aked that a few times to which I reply "I bet if I hit a curb hard enough the back tire will come up".

The most frequent normal question is: "How does it handle?" I always say "like a snowmobile" because most southerners have never ridden a snowmobile. ;D

Lamonster
06-21-2008, 04:04 AM
I had a guy at the Hoot yesterday ask me to pop the hood so he could see the motor. ;D :nojoke:

NancysToy
06-21-2008, 06:24 AM
I had a guy at the Hoot yesterday ask me to pop the hood so he could see the motor. ;D :nojoke:

There's a new one!