PDA

View Full Version : Sad story

bruiser
07-17-2013, 05:59 PM
http://www.usridernews.com/2013/07/wyoming-man-waited-44-years-to-buy-a-motorcycle-dies-3-miles-after-leaving-dealership/

Hope the link works.

spydaman60
07-17-2013, 06:07 PM
just read this on the internet. sad ain't the word for it. nothing can describe this poor guys misfortune.:pray::pray: go out to his family and friends!

Bob Denman
07-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Wow! :shocked: That IS sad...

wyliec
07-17-2013, 07:48 PM
His son may have had it right.

Yazz
07-17-2013, 08:04 PM
His son may have had it right.

:agree: Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

finless
07-17-2013, 08:07 PM
I pick up on this:

"Just three miles after leaving the dealership, Strang was along side a tractor trailer, and for unknown reasons struck the side of the rig and was thrown underneath, and was killed instantly."

Maybe he should not have gone on the street with a new "unknown ride" until knowing more about how to ride it?
Just saying.....

Imagine being poor all your life and winning the lottery only to die in a plane crash on your first trip to somewhere you had always wanted to go.... It happens!

Sorry to hear about this news honestly! It's sad when stuff like this happens :(
But I can relate! Wife would not let me have a motorcycle until the Spyder came out!

Bob

Chupaca
07-17-2013, 08:20 PM
I remember a young guy who brought me his Honda inline four 750 to work on. He babied it but when the
V-4 Intercepter came out he had to have it. He scratched up all he could borrowed what he could and traded his bike in and got his dream bike. After servicing it and trying to explain the differences in handling he flew out of the dealership. Hour later tow truck pulled in with a clump..lost it on the freeway a mile from the shop. It happens I truly feel for his wife and family..:pray::pray:

Dan McNally
07-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Prayers for this guy and his family . . . really sad story.

Yazz
07-17-2013, 08:44 PM
I pick up on this:

"Just three miles after leaving the dealership, Strang was along side a tractor trailer, and for unknown reasons struck the side of the rig and was thrown underneath, and was killed instantly."

Maybe he should not have gone on the street with a new "unknown ride" until knowing more about how to ride it?
Just saying.....

Imagine being poor all your life and winning the lottery only to die in a plane crash on your first trip to somewhere you had always wanted to go.... It happens!

Sorry to hear about this news honestly! It's sad when stuff like this happens :(
But I can relate! Wife would not let me have a motorcycle until the Spyder came out!

Bob

Give a little slack for those who has passed...

coz
07-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Give a little slack for those who has passed... +1:agree:

ABQAndy
07-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Sad is putting it mildly, too too bad and sad. Don't know what else to say.

finless
07-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Give a little slack for those who has passed...

Sorry..... my mistake... But know I do.
Sorry if I offended anyone with my comments.

Bob

Bob Denman
07-18-2013, 06:40 AM
Don't sweat it :shocked:; a lot of us thought the same thing...
We're all good in here! :thumbup:
Sometimes it's too easy to start looking at just the problem, not the entire picture... :opps:

WV Spyder Ryder
07-18-2013, 06:45 AM
Sad is putting it mildly, too too bad and sad. Don't know what else to say.

Wow :agree: