PDA

View Full Version : Scorpio Alarm

Napalmseth
06-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Has anyone here installed the Scorpio SR-i900R alarm with the perimeter and anti-hijack mods? I'm not the most mechanically/electrically savvy :dontknow: and could use all the help I can get. If anyone has any advice or photos of the wiring, i would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you in advance...

spydersam
06-19-2008, 06:40 PM
I just did one yesterday. I did not put the hi-jack module in but i did install everything else. It was very simple and straight forward. I did order the custom harness for the Spyder which I would recommend. I mounted the main box just to the right of the battery, the perimeter sensor under the seat. The Rfid antenna just above the battery and a ran the antenna to the back of the bike and then up into the plastic portion above and between the taillights as it stated for best results the last 6" should be verticle. I have a question posted now in this forum to find out which wire I need to splice for the hijack feature. Once I find an answer to that I will post pictures of the entire installation when I add it in.. Even with the custom harness the hijack module will require you to splice a single wire.
I spent the extra money for the I900 because I work at a school district and wanted to know if any kids decided to sit on the bike. The entire installation took just over an hour but most of that was playing around with different locations to see what I liked.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions

Napalmseth
06-19-2008, 06:51 PM
TY very much. I was a bit intimidated yet wasn't too worried at the same time... If that makes ant sense. I'm going to try to install tomorrow or Saturday(weather permitting).

Sopher
06-19-2008, 10:02 PM
I too also installed mine earlier this evening.
I also skipped the ignition kill as I too need to find which wire to cut.

I grabbed my roll of 2" wide industrial velcro and covered the bottom. don't peel yet.
I cut out the single plastic standoff that hold the bundle of wiring directly below the steel square tube at the very rear of the bike. (requires you to remove both left and right signal panels.

Next I replced that standoff with a flat wire tie to hold it all in place.
This leaves room to place the MCM unit in the tube. Plug in the ports and now you can remove the velcro backing and insert into tube. Next I used two double length wire ties to hold the unit in place. Wire tie slips over the unit and then down the next big hole that has a rebber grommet and back under to start of the tie.

The Sensor wire is run on the lef side, up thru the (+) positive battery frame hole. The sensor unit is velcro'd to under the seat just below the white factory label.

I made a neat trick for the Antenea. Cut four matching (Hook and loop) pieces of velcro about the size of a postal stamp. At about every 3", Take the soft fabric/loop side and remove the backing and attach to the antenea like a flag. Fold over on inself. Now place the plastic hook side parts onto each of the four loop "flags". Dont worry about over lap. Now the tricky part. remove the backing on the loop sides. Gently re-attach the left side tail light fender. Using one hand to hold the fender and the other to press the velcro tabs onto the fender INSIDE panel. BUT make sure the last 5-6" is as vertical as possible on the inside of the fender panel.
The velcro allow future maintenance removal.

Use wire ties to tidy up all wires. If you buy the No Magic Tripple Play unit, now is the time to install it.

ataDude
06-20-2008, 10:04 AM
I have a question posted now in this forum to find out which wire I need to splice for the hijack feature. Once I find an answer to that I will post pictures of the entire installation when I add it in...

Find the ground wire for the fuel pump... splice into it to interrupt the pump.

Napalmseth
06-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Now I'm wondering if I should try this myself...

I'm very intimidated by this stuff. :dontknow:

spydersam
06-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Now I'm wondering if I should try this myself...

I'm very intimidated by this stuff. :dontknow:

With the custom harness the unit is as plug and play as you can get. It is VERY easy, if your not sure about the kill box then just have someone just do that part for you, as for the rest of the system save your money and do it yourself, you will not have a problem.
If you like PM me and I will send you my phone number

dbnc
06-20-2008, 02:44 PM
spydersam is there a reason you went with the scorpio over the talon

thanks

Napalmseth
06-20-2008, 03:13 PM
With the custom harness the unit is as plug and play as you can get. It is VERY easy, if your not sure about the kill box then just have someone just do that part for you, as for the rest of the system save your money and do it yourself, you will not have a problem.
If you like PM me and I will send you my phone number

TY very much :bigthumbsup: I'm going to try it tonight when I get home from work if it's not raining, no garage.

To answer the question about why... I can tell you I did it because I got the neat new FM transmitter thing... I like toys.

bjt
06-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Spydersam and Sopher, if at all possible can you get some pictures posted of the alarm install? Specifically the locations where the devices are and, if possible, any detailed areas where you had to work around existing stuff wires or parts. As they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words" and some of the text description gets confusing, especially when I don't have the alarm or those panels off of the areas you are describing. I don't have the alarm yet but it is on my wish list.

spydersam
06-20-2008, 07:13 PM
spydersam is there a reason you went with the scorpio over the talon

thanks

The reason I went with the Scorpio is because I work at a school and I was concerned about kids sitting on the bike. High school kids can be rammy. So I liked the idea of being paged if someone sat on the bike as I can not see it from my office during the entire day. If I did not work where I did I don't know that I would have been that concerned with it. I purchased the Talon and still have it, I did not even open the packaging in the box as once I found out about the Scorpio and the 1/2 mile paging I decided to spend the money. The Scorpio is easily twice the cost.
The remote for the I900 is a bit bulcky, the Talon remote is nice and tiny.

spydersam
06-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Spydersam and Sopher, if at all possible can you get some pictures posted of the alarm install? Specifically the locations where the devices are and, if possible, any detailed areas where you had to work around existing stuff wires or parts. As they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words" and some of the text description gets confusing, especially when I don't have the alarm or those panels off of the areas you are describing. I don't have the alarm yet but it is on my wish list.

At some point this weekend (weather permitting) I am planning on adding the kill module and also install Evoluzione's power bus kit. I will get some good pictures then and post them. I plan on adding a Zumo and possibly the triple play at some point.

Sopher
06-23-2008, 04:37 PM
I went with the Scorpio for two reasons. I originally had it on order with Ken from Evoluzione. But Talon never shipped him any stock. Then I heard about the Scorpio SR-i900 with it's RFID. I like the idea of knowing if the bike is being touched or otherwise intruded upon.
I use my bike for commuting to clients when I do their IT service work.