PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust smell

blambert
07-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Folk,

i have a 2011 RS with a hindle exhaust, I'm on a AZ to Oregon ride and getting alot of exhaust fume smells. I had the Y gasket replaced during scheduled PM a while back. I now have 18k miles on the bike. Also when going hard on the acceleration or downshift hard at high speed getting popping from the exhaust. didnt have running lean in AZ. Don't know if the two are related- any ideas?

twain
07-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Did you replace gasket with BRP or Honda? My BRP did not last long so switched to Honda gasket. I too ad lots of popping when downshifting or slowing down. Also had dual two brothers exhaust. Are you getting lot of heat off right side by leg?

boborgera
07-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Folk,

i have a 2011 RS with a hindle exhaust, I'm on a AZ to Oregon ride and getting alot of exhaust fume smells. I had the Y gasket replaced during scheduled PM a while back. I now have 18k miles on the bike. Also when going hard on the acceleration or downshift hard at high speed getting popping from the exhaust. didnt have running lean in AZ. Don't know if the two are related- any ideas?

How many miles on the gaskets?? If you used the BRP gaskets and have more than 6k or so on them, could be that their worn out. ...Honda gasket# 18392-MAM-000, You'll need two...

blambert
07-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Since poweride did the replacement I assume it was a BRP gasket. And you also getting the exhaust smell from the blown gasket?