PDA

View Full Version : Oh No...

bruiser
07-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Bank of America has suspended my account. Seems someone has been trying to access my account on line. Funny though. I don't have an account with Bank of America. Yep, got an e mail saying I better contact them. SURE​...

54spyder
07-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Bank of America has suspended my account. Seems someone has been trying to access my account on line. Funny though. I don't have an account with Bank of America. Yep, got an e mail saying I better contact them. SURE​...

Bet they wanted personal information also :roflblack:

Chupaca
07-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Don't go near it..they will scam your info..if you don't have an account delete it. :lecturef_smilie:

Oldmanzues
07-17-2013, 02:16 AM
Mine was from Fed-Ex. I had a high value package, but they needed some personal information to make sure I was the right one.
I called Fed-Ex and asked. As soon as I said, high value. He stopped and asked if I had done anything. I said, No. He went on to tell me about the scam and several people receiving the same e-mail.
Oldmanzues

Bob Denman
07-17-2013, 07:09 AM
When I get that :cus: in the inbox; the toilet gets flushed PRONTO! :thumbup: :gaah:

bruiser
07-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I flushed it too. Been getting calls on my cell phone as well. When I answer it's a recording telling me to contact my account manager. For what account??? That goes in the disregard file. I hate cell phone numbers anyway. Mine apparently belonged to a Hispanic person. When I got the phone I started getting calls from people asking for so and so with a Hispanic name. Some were in Spanish, I just said I don't speak Spanish and hung up. By the way, mine is a dumb phone. I'm not smart enough for a smart phone.

Bob Denman
07-17-2013, 09:09 AM
My Dumb Phone is STILL way smarter than I am! :gaah: :roflblack:

ARtraveler
07-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Banks do not contact customers via e-mail about any account discrepencies or problems. Any bank that needs you to verify account numbers, is totally bogus.

Banks will contact you by phone sometimes if they suspect credit card fraud. They will usually ask you to verify one of the security questions you have on file. They will also be able to give you a history of your purchases by CC.

The big scammers like to use big name CC providers, because the odds are better for them to make a "hit" on their scam. I do not use major providers for that very reason.

Beware, beware, beware. :sour:

Oldmanzues
07-17-2013, 06:50 PM
The post about cell phones brought back a memory. I had the cell a few years, then started getting "bad credit", "overdue billing" on mine. I was patient for a little bit then got rather nasty with whoever. this started and stopped a couple times. It had been a while and I got another call for Him/her. (the name has raical conentations). I asked if these was another bill collector. I was not very nice at that point. The female said, she was calling about something else, then also laughed. She was very nice and asked me to confirm, my name and phone number. I did. Then she was real close to laughing as she said, we were trying to call him to come back to work at GM. She thanked.
Oldmanzues

finless
07-17-2013, 07:37 PM
You guys want to read some funny "pay backs" to the Nigerian 419 scam artists?

Read this site!

http://www.419eater.com/

People take these Emails and then bait the scammers to do all kinds of things thinking they will get the money!
Honestly some of the baiting's that are documented CRACK ME UP!
Check out the "trophy room" as a first stop!

Bob

retread
07-17-2013, 10:11 PM
I got an email a while back about calling for a review on my account, but it was at a bank where I don't have an account. I got all the information I could without giving them any, took it to the local office of the bank, and got a call a few days later that the people had been "taken into custody". Works for me.

john

ARtraveler
07-18-2013, 12:46 AM
You guys want to read some funny "pay backs" to the Nigerian 419 scam artists?

Read this site!

http://www.419eater.com/

People take these Emails and then bait the scammers to do all kinds of things thinking they will get the money!
Honestly some of the baiting's that are documented CRACK ME UP!
Check out the "trophy room" as a first stop!

Bob

I have asked a couple of them to meet me in Nome, AK on a Wednesday at 12:00 PM. No takers so far.

bruiser
07-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Can't let that go...