PDA

View Full Version : New Question

NancysToy
06-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Yesterday we took a ride about 70 miles to visit Nancy's family. The were not aware she had the Spyder, but actually were not too surprised, given our penchant for toys, and her love of the unusual. (Explains why she married me, eh?) When we were stopped at her sister's hair salon, the usual crowd gathered, and started asking the usual questions. One older fellow stayed after the others, asking more questions, and looking over the Spyder. Finally, he says, "I do have one more question. Whatever possesses a person to buy something like this?" I cracked up! That was a new one on me.
-Scotty

daddydarko
06-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Right up there with the "that's (pause) certainly different" comments. Fall back into line, sheep!

Zerocool
06-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Yesterday we took a ride about 70 miles to visit Nancy's family. The were not aware she had the Spyder, but actually were not too surprised, given our penchant for toys, and her love of the unusual. (Explains why she married me, eh?) When we were stopped at her sister's hair salon, the usual crowd gathered, and started asking the usual questions. One older fellow stayed after the others, asking more questions, and looking over the Spyder. Finally, he says, "I do have one more question. Whatever possesses a person to buy something like this?" I cracked up! That was a new one on me.
-Scotty

Because we can :bigthumbsup:

tatt2r
06-19-2008, 07:05 PM
only had one jerk say something stupid like that owns a business next to mine ... told him dont like go F$%^&% yourself .... my response seems to have changed his opinion on why i bought spyder ...

NancysToy
06-19-2008, 08:59 PM
only had one jerk say something stupid like that owns a business next to mine ... told him dont like go F$%^&% yourself .... my response seems to have changed his opinion on why i bought spyder ...

This guy was very polite, and said it with a smile on his face. Old guy, retired minister. I'm sure he meant no malice. It really was funny, rather than irking me. Guess you had to be there.

jeuchler
06-19-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm sure he meant no malice. It really was funny, rather than irking me. Guess you had to be there.

Ha!

I chose to laugh the other day when several folks at the ga$ $tation were asking the usual questions, when one fellow in a very accusing tone, said, "But you know you can't register those to drive on the road!"

Like you, Scotty, I chose to smile. I just said, "You can come check my plate, if you like."

He remained unconvinced... ::)

Dyno824
06-19-2008, 10:38 PM
When i get a real stupid question i just say this machine has two wheels really, i convert this over to 3 wheels when i get bored,only takes about 2 hours

NancysToy
06-20-2008, 07:02 AM
When i get a real stupid question i just say this machine has two wheels really, i convert this over to 3 wheels when i get bored,only takes about 2 hours

I just tell them it came from Florida and they don't sell regular snowmobiles down South.

speedster200
06-20-2008, 07:18 AM
I tell people I like my skin on my body and not the road.

Magic Man
06-20-2008, 07:45 AM
When I get too many people asking the really weird stupid questions. I tell them it's an Experimental Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle (which you all know are silent when running) When they all say wow, really I fire up the Micron, smile and drive off.

MM

Napalmseth
06-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Everyone always asks me how I got the Sea-Doo out of the water. :joke:

dabreitbach
06-20-2008, 08:34 AM
I just tell them I hate kickstands. :joke: :joke: :joke: