PDA

View Full Version : Reflections on 1 year and 6,500 miles

JXVolker
07-15-2013, 08:02 PM
So, I have owned my 2012 RSS for one year. First, I am completely satisfied with my dealership, Mid-South Motoplex in Clarksville, TN. They have responded quickly and correctly to every question or issue that I have raised. Service of the RSS was always quick and well done. I have had no problems with the unit that could be attributed to errors in the initial setup. Speaking of problems, the RSS has given me none. Over the course of the year a wire came loose from its tie (motoplex fixed) and the parking brake lost its adjustment, that was all. Puff (my name for the RSS) runs like the dragon I imagine it to be. Corners well and works the Tennessee back roads better than ever I hoped. Each additional mile that I have ridden Puff has only convinced me more completely that my choice of a spyder was correct. At 62 I can easily vision riding a spyder for another 15 years. My longest trip to date was Spyderfest in Springfield, MO and even though the weather on the drive was absimal the spyder ran like a champ over and back (next year the weather will be better). I would have no problem planning a cross country drive or in driving up to Canada with my spyder. I love this machine! SL has been a huge asset to me and I am convinced that the knowledge base available in this forum has made my riding and owning experience much better. I also note that in one year I have added a Madstead Windshield, foam grips, tank bag, Led lights for fenders, and can-am passenger back rest. I know there is more to come.

spydaman60
07-15-2013, 08:09 PM
glad to see another 60 year old on a 2012 rss. wife and I love ours and we have almost 9500 miles on it. ours too has been great out of the box. we did have a slight issue with vibes at beginning, but after the dealer changed the front tires and rebalanced them we have had no problems. just love the machine. if the good lord is willing we too will be driving one at 75 years old!:thumbup:

ARtraveler
07-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Thank you for the great write up about your RSS.

Saluda
07-16-2013, 04:30 AM
Enjoy.

Motorcycledave
07-16-2013, 11:12 AM
It will be one year for me as well in August, I did not want to spend 25K on an
experiment so I bought a used with 6K on it to see if I would like it enough to
buy a newer model..... Well I have 13k on it now and NO TROUBLES AT ALL
so until I see way less on this and other Spyder sites about troubles people are having
with the newer Spyders I will ride the wheels off this one....
Just saying.
Dave:2thumbs: