PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned supercars

trev0006
07-15-2013, 12:58 AM
http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/var/thumbs/Abandoned-supercars/200x148xAbandoned,P20supercars,P20-,P2019.jpg,qm=1373678233.pagespeed.ic.8rn3P_A9h-.jpg (http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.php/Abandoned-supercars)

Abandoned supercars (http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.php/Abandoned-supercars) 26 pictures

Chupaca
07-15-2013, 01:02 AM
you will see this all over...wish I could afford to restore them to their former glory..!! :dontknow:

Bob Denman
07-15-2013, 06:46 AM
:shocked: I just want to puke after seeing that...

ulflyer
07-15-2013, 06:50 AM
Often these cars are owned by someone who just sits on them, wont' sell them, with the notion that one day they're gonna fix them. I have a friend who is always on the lookout for cars or bikes and he runs into this situation frequently.

mxz600
07-15-2013, 12:24 PM
I was raised on Detroit muscle. So the ones that caught my eye the most were the two Corvettes, the Roadrunner and the Galaxy.

ARtraveler
07-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Sad, but true. Lot's of money to fix, and maybe owner does not want to part with them at any price.

PrairieSpyder
07-15-2013, 12:46 PM
I was raised on Detroit muscle. So the ones that caught my eye the most were the two Corvettes, the Roadrunner and the Galaxy.

:agree: It's like when I see an abandoned dog - I just want to go pick it up and love it.

This one looks like it just needs to be washed. There's dirt (or volcanic ash?) all over the place.

bruiser
07-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Old farmer not far from me had a '61 Galaxy Starliner I tried to buy for years. He wouldn't part with it. No rust, aquamarine blue and white. It sat in a shed and the only time it moved was when he harvested his sweet potatoes. Well, the farmer passed and the car is no longer there. :banghead:

asp125
07-15-2013, 02:59 PM
I read a post about those ones with the dust all over them. Apparently some journalist in the middle east found a bunch of them in an oil-rich emirate. The supposed back story was they were abandoned when the owners racked up hefty speeding fines (even for millionaires) to pull them out of police impound.

PatGund
09-18-2013, 02:12 PM
I read a post about those ones with the dust all over them. Apparently some journalist in the middle east found a bunch of them in an oil-rich emirate. The supposed back story was they were abandoned when the owners racked up hefty speeding fines (even for millionaires) to pull them out of police impound.

Well, that can be part of it.

Something else that happens quite a bit with more wealthy expat workers in the Middle East is that if you quit your job, the banks can prohibit you from leaving country until any loans or debt are paid. A lot of expats get pretty flashy cars while there. (In many countries in the ME, your employer either holds your passport or has to provide written authorization for you to leave the country. Some places allow your employer to authorize an unlimited entry/exit visa.)

So what happens is that the expat goes on holiday.....and quits while out of country. The cars get abandoned at their villas or at the airport, and the local bank is screwed.

Particularly in Dubai, you can see lots of late-model cars that were abandoned like this, fading in the desert sun while the banks figure out what to do with them.